Booking a shore excursion using OBC before cruise

DJ Cruisers

On 6/19/2023 at 7:04 PM, DJ Cruisers said:

That is ridiculous.  I definitely suggest you call back.  Same thing happened to me.  I knew I had done this many times in the past.  Called back the next day and got a different person who did it with no problem.  Used my husbands OBC to book both our excursions.  It is frustrating when they tell you with such confidence that it can't be done.  As a matter of fact I just did it again a couple wks ago, no problem.

I finally had to give up.

As I noted earlier and I know you went through this, DH didn't have enough OBC to cover an excursion we wanted to book. I had more than enough to cover us both and in fact will have to work to spend it all once onboard. 

I called twice trying to get a different person, but both told me 'each person's OBC belongs to them'.

I then sent my PVP an email asking if she could do it. She NEVER responded after almost 3 weeks---really annoying. She seems really good at responding if you want to book a cruise...otherwise .... NADA. Then I tried Chat. I was on for almost 3 hours when it looked like they were trying to connect me and dropped me instead. 🤷‍♀️

I gave up and paid the difference for DH. It wasn't that much, but it was pretty annoying.

Just thought I would post my experience and am curious if that's what others are seeing as well, or if I just was unlucky getting the ones who didn't know how to do it.

13 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I finally had to give up.

As I noted earlier and I know you went through this, DH didn't have enough OBC to cover an excursion we wanted to book. I had more than enough to cover us both and in fact will have to work to spend it all once onboard. 

I called twice trying to get a different person, but both told me 'each person's OBC belongs to them'.

I then sent my PVP an email asking if she could do it. She NEVER responded after almost 3 weeks---really annoying. She seems really good at responding if you want to book a cruise...otherwise .... NADA. Then I tried Chat. I was on for almost 3 hours when it looked like they were trying to connect me and dropped me instead. 🤷‍♀️

I gave up and paid the difference for DH. It wasn't that much, but it was pretty annoying.

Just thought I would post my experience and am curious if that's what others are seeing as well, or if I just was unlucky getting the ones who didn't know how to do it.

I know your frustration!  It definitely can be done, we did it twice in the last few months.  I think it is a matter of getting a person who knows how to do it.  The first person I talked with was clueless and we got nowhere.   The next two times  we got people who knew how to do it.  My husband called those two times (I had lost patience).  He told them he wanted to book an excursion for both of us  and use his OBC. It was done.  You cannot do it yourself on line (as far as I know).  It will only use the OBC for the person who has it and put it on a credit card for the other person who doesn't have any OBC.