Need Advice on Miami Disembarkation

WayneLaR

On 3/16/2023 at 8:39 AM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Alaska? What would stop you from piecing together the right B2B - let’s say Seattle to Vancouver and Vancouver to L.A. or S.F.?

The Passenger Vessel Services Act?😉

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/ICP Pax Vessel Services Act Apr 2010.pdf

I believe @jennybenny wouldn’t do a roundtrip cruise to Alaska, because that wouldn’t allow you to see the interior of Alaska, such as Denali, which only a one way would…

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 10:33 PM, LHT28 said:

Risky

You could make it  but then again 

If you can stay over & go the next day  I would do that 

our flights are usually 12:20  & usually fine  but after a TA they sometimes are delayed in disembarking

Airport is about 15 -20 mins away but it is the getting off  the ship that can really mess up a good plan 😉

Spend a night in Miami Beach and have a wonderful time.  No stress.  Think of it as an extra day of vacation in probably the best port you visited. 

Sorry to be so late to the topic…I suggest a stay overnight, then a flight that doesn’t require rush hour navigation. After so many years taking cruise out of Miami, or returning to Miami, we finally MOVED to Miami. Sometimes debarkation is fast, many times, however, not. When it is not, it’s can range from mildly stressful or annoying to terrible. Not O’s fault, it’s a function of local authorities and capacity (so many other ships in port).
For a hotel, I recommend Mandarin Oriental, pricey but worth it for the bay front views, exquisite food, marvelous live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights. Also, the Intercontinental is at a fun location near Bayfront Park. Hyatt Centric on Brickell Bay drive is also terrific.