Is Paper Boarding Pass Needed?

DaisyRose

We have checked in using the Princess app on our phones.  We are in the green lane.  However, I can not find a way on the Princess web site to print a boarding pass.  Do we need a paper boarding pass, or is the green lane designation on our smart phones enough?  Thanks!

Just now, DaisyRose said:

We have checked in using the Princess app on our phones.  We are in the green lane.  However, I can not find a way on the Princess web site to print a boarding pass.  Do we need a paper boarding pass, or is the green lane designation on our smart phones enough?  Thanks!

No paper board pass needed.

19 minutes ago, DaisyRose said:

Princess no longer has paper boarding passes.  

The app on your phone replaces this (or the medallion)

If you are afraid of poor cell reception, take a screenshot of the QR code before arriving at the port.

Thanks for the responses.  I suspected that paper boarding passes were not needed, but I was a bit nervous about showing up without one.  Now I know I don't need a paper boarding pass.  I appreciate the responses.  

17 minutes ago, runner15km said:

What if someone does not have a cell phone ?

They should use the web site on their computer, I suppose, and print out the QR code.  If they don’t have a computer, maybe use one at the library.

I print out everything that I can on paper and take screen shots with my iphone for everything else.

I like to have back up for everything - makes it easier to dispute changes that you did not authorize.

Your medallion is your boarding pass. After you go through security, you will go to a representative and scan your medallion. It will show your travel group and you will show everyone’s passport. Then onto the ship you will go. Easy peasy! I would assume if getting medallion at port, you would go through this procedure and then go to counter to get medallion.