Restaurants

Ekposh

Counting down the days, bookings for food open soon. I appreciate there will be more slots on board but gonna book some in whilst I can. Of course, there are a lot of eateries but as far as bookable, restaurant ones am I right in thinking it's just these:

- Wake

- Pink Agave

- Extra Virgin

- (Korean BBQ) 

- Razzle Dazzle

- Test Kitchen 

So essentially on a 5 night cruise, we can pretty much go 5/6? Am I missing any? 

36 minutes ago, Ekposh said:

Counting down the days, bookings for food open soon. I appreciate there will be more slots on board but gonna book some in whilst I can. Of course, there are a lot of eateries but as far as bookable, restaurant ones am I right in thinking it's just these

So essentially on a 5 night cruise, we can pretty much go 5/6? Am I missing any? 

You are not missing anything.  Remember that both The Wake and Razzle Dazzle serve breakfast and brunch, so you can try out all 6 if you wish.  The Wake offers a filet mignon starting at noon, otherwise they have the breakfast menu during those hours.  RD has a brunch menu all morning (seating ends at 1) and a different dinner menu.  Test Kitchen actually has 4 menus.  Each night they offer one regular and one vegetarian/vegan menu.  Which menu is served depends on what night of the week you eat there.  Hint--do not believe what shoreside tells you about which menu is which night.  They gave us wrong info.  We strongly prefer the A menu, but that's a matter of taste.  If I had to skip one dinner location, it would be Test Kitchen....but I have a friend who doesn't like Gumbae.  Again, to each his own.  While reservations on the app technically start at midnight EST, they are often available an hour or two earlier than that!  If you can't get what you want on the app, you can call VV or ask your TA to help.  Agents have a different portal.  I could only get 2 nights for my upcoming cruise; my agent got what we wanted on each night!

And, as you noted, more open at boarding and you can do walk ups.....but we always like to have a tentative schedule booked.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Ekposh said:

Counting down the days, bookings for food open soon. I appreciate there will be more slots on board but gonna book some in whilst I can. Of course, there are a lot of eateries but as far as bookable, restaurant ones am I right in thinking it's just these:

- Wake

- Pink Agave

- Extra Virgin

- (Korean BBQ) 

- Razzle Dazzle

- Test Kitchen 

Yep, 'just those 6.' That's more sit down options than many other ships out there, but of course on other ships you have to pay extra for the restaurant experience. 🙂 

The Wake and Razzle Dazzle have breakfast & brunch, I recommend those for port days instead of joining the mass of people at The Galley. I could eat at The Wake every evening of a VV cruise and be perfectly happy. There are many menu choices at each restaurant so the opportunity to eat more than once at them without having to pay each time is a nice change from other cruise lines. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes that is the list of dinner places, but there are also the sun deck poke bowl place, the social club, pizza and the galley for your other meals.  As others noted, you can brunch at Wake or Razzle Dazzle so you can have those for more than dinner.  You will not go hungry on this cruise...bring your stretch pants.

I highly recommend experiencing Test Kitchen the first half of the week (Menu A).  It is my spouse and I's favorite meal at sea and we have now had it 7 times and still crave just about every course.  

25 minutes ago, ociana said:

I highly recommend experiencing Test Kitchen the first half of the week (Menu A)

this depends on the ship.  scarlet has been on a master 3-day rotation since they introduced the second menu, so on a 5 nighter, you could have one menu the first night, the other menu for the next 3 nights, and the first night's menu on the 5th night.  valiant is half and half (first half a, second half b), and i imagine resilient and brilliant are going to have some sort of master rotation like scarlet does, as those are mostly 7 nighters

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

this depends on the ship.  scarlet has been on a master 3-day rotation since they introduced the second menu, so on a 5 nighter, you could have one menu the first night, the other menu for the next 3 nights, and the first night's menu on the 5th night.  valiant is half and half (first half a, second half b), and i imagine resilient and brilliant are going to have some sort of master rotation like scarlet does, as those are mostly 7 nighters

And confirm the schedule on the ship....I got info from sailor services shoreside before my first cruise and based on their info, we ended up with 2 seatings of B menu.  Fortunately we realized that and were able to shuffle some dates so we could try both A and B.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ociana said:

Yes that is the list of dinner places, but there are also the sun deck poke bowl place, the social club, pizza and the galley for your other meals.  As others noted, you can brunch at Wake or Razzle Dazzle so you can have those for more than dinner.  You will not go hungry on this cruise...bring your stretch pants.

I highly recommend experiencing Test Kitchen the first half of the week (Menu A).  It is my spouse and I's favorite meal at sea and we have now had it 7 times and still crave just about every course.  

What was on the "A" menu that you loved? 

55 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

What was on the "A" menu that you loved? 

Everything, except that I just like the scallop. 

The top item for me is the blue cheese, but my hubby's favorite is the chocolate dessert. The mushroom mousse, smoked egg yolk and peas, and venison are all excellent as well....so, everything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

The best chocolate coconut dessert is on the vegetarian menu!  VERY rich, a bite is enough!

I prefer the A menu because I like the beef or venison better than the lamb.

I have your tastes! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ociana said:

Everything, except that I just like the scallop. 

The top item for me is the blue cheese, but my hubby's favorite is the chocolate dessert. The mushroom mousse, smoked egg yolk and peas, and venison are all excellent as well....so, everything.

I agree, although my least favourite course on that menu is probably the chocolate dessert. 
whereas on menu B (corn, salmon, lamb, asparagus, beet, strawberry) I don’t think there was any standout course that was better than any of menu A.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 11:55 AM, CruisingWalter said:

Yep, 'just those 6.' That's more sit down options than many other ships out there, but of course on other ships you have to pay extra for the restaurant experience. 🙂 

The Wake and Razzle Dazzle have breakfast & brunch, I recommend those for port days instead of joining the mass of people at The Galley. I could eat at The Wake every evening of a VV cruise and be perfectly happy. There are many menu choices at each restaurant so the opportunity to eat more than once at them without having to pay each time is a nice change from other cruise lines. 

Is the Wake open on disembarkation day for brunch? Sounds a lovely way to end the trip especially as we have a hotel and won't be able to check in til quite late, so the longer we stay on the ship, the better! 

5 minutes ago, Ekposh said:

Is the Wake open on disembarkation day for brunch? Sounds a lovely way to end the trip especially as we have a hotel and won't be able to check in til quite late, so the longer we stay on the ship, the better! 

Yes, but be sure you have a reservation.  Razzle Dazzle is open as well

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Ekposh said:

The only small downside to brunch on the last morning is the view of a road bridge in the port of Miami isn’t quite as nice as the open ocean!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jon81uk said:

The only small downside to brunch on the last morning is the view of a road bridge in the port of Miami isn’t quite as nice as the open ocean!

we've made the mistake of doing the wake for dinner the first night too - such a romantic view hahahaha

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

we've made the mistake of doing the wake for dinner the first night too - such a romantic view hahahaha

Oooo, we almost made the same mistake for our upcoming cruise (under 3 weeks to go!). We normally like to book dinner as early as possible, and are going to the Wake our first night, but because I love watching sail away outside that's the one night we've booked a later dinner so with luck we'll be far enough out that it'll be a nice skyline view.

3 hours ago, Ekposh said:

We did The Wake as the final night dinner and Razzle Dazzle as the walk off brunch. That was a great way to end the cruise. 🙂

6 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

We did The Wake as the final night dinner and Razzle Dazzle as the walk off brunch. That was a great way to end the cruise. 🙂

Amazing. I was thinking Wake first night dinner and last morning brunch 🙂

12 hours ago, singleflyer said:

How do you make reservations for brunch?

You can also do walk up for brunch....but we were turned away once at THe Wake as they were full; they made us a reservation for the next day.  Always got in at RD, but that may have been luck.

• Like 1