Sorry - but another Covid question

chloemonkey

On 3/31/2023 at 12:04 PM, JanDom said:

I don’t think there are these strikt protocols any more. By summer 2022 almost the half of Europe had covid.

Here in Europe you are ill and have to go to the doctor if you feel ill.

if you are alright, you are healthy - doesn’t matter if you are doing a test or not and if this test is positive.

Aboard ship, if one tests positive for Covid, they go into quarantine until they test negative. Fairly simple and straightforward. Is that strict protocols?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Aboard ship, if one tests positive for Covid, they go into quarantine until they test negative. Fairly simple and straightforward. Is that strict protocols?

Most recommendations ( in the US CDC and most medical institutions) recommend 5 day isolation after testing positive and no retest recommended as some will test positive for weeks even though no longer contagious .

• Like 1

I feel compelled to respond as I was the OP for this topic.  For the record?  We were on the cruise that rec'd press coverage as having to put two people ashore....and to be honest - my hubby started with cold symptoms near the middle of our "second" cruise....as we were on a B2B.  I had brought along Covid tests just in case....and we tested him twice per day instead of going to the health center which had lines that lasted up to an over 45 minutes to an hour and a half.  We know this as hubby also cut his arm pretty badly and the lines were SO long....complete with people coughing and sneezing....that he just left the line and relied on our bandaging the wound ourself until he found a window where the lines were not so long.....

Glad to say that we continued to test negative.....he had a few more days of coughing and sneezing but continued to test negative for Covid.  I tested once a day....but never developed any symptoms.  We were quite prepared to bare the burden of hotel quarantine or whatever...as the e mails previous to this trip pretty much stated that Ocania/NCL were NO LONGER footing the bills for Covid and that they relied on passengers to have obtained trip insurance.  

We arrived home safe and sound....and happy to have had a wonderful trip -despite those awful days of NO STrawberry jam! lol.....and luckily, hubby's cold symptoms were gone in a few days and he is back to work making enough money to take me on my next cruise! lol....

Just wanted to let you all know that if you are still trying to respond to MY original post....that it's all "good" and I do not need any more updates....but of course there are others who may...

Thanks all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2