Geiranger Mount Dalsnibba and Eagle Road.....morning or afternoon??

Ship’s excursion or private? If it’s private I would choose the morning to give yourself time to get back in case there are any issues.

(Roads are narrow, so an accident can easily disrupt traffic for a while. After my first Geiranger port call, we actually had a late departure because one of the ship excursion buses was delayed, and we needed to wait for it.)

On 3/21/2023 at 3:20 PM, fishman620 said:

It is a private one, but we can take the ship's excursion but it was $130pp compared to $75pp for the private one.....the ship's was scheduled for afternoon but the private one, I can choose morning or afternoon.

Will you please post after your excursion how you liked it and also how to contact your private transportation? Four of us will be going this in June.  Thanks!

9 hours ago, celebration15 said:

Will you please post after your excursion how you liked it and also how to contact your private transportation? Four of us will be going this in June.  Thanks!

We are going in August......maybe if you take this tour, you could post back to me😀  The tour company that we are thinking of going with is norwayexcursions.com geiranger-mount-dalsnibba-and-eagle-road

14 minutes ago, fishman620 said:

We are going in August......maybe if you take this tour, you could post back to me😀  The tour company that we are thinking of going with is norwayexcursions.com geiranger-mount-dalsnibba-and-eagle-road

Thanks for this information. I have read that going in the morning is best, because the road gets so busy with traffic later and therefore the drive takes much longer.  However, if the weather happens to be foggy the tour is totally a waste of money and time.  Does anyone know if there are tours available at the last minute from the cruise port?