Any feedback on the DV3 pair of rooms on Deck 5 by front stairs?

CCWineLover

We are considering one of the two pairs of DV3 rooms on Deck 5 on Viking Ocean.  They are located just forward of the front stairs.

Port:  5024/5026   Starboard:  5025/5027    They are squished in between PS1's and PV2's.

The price is right and it seems like it'd be nice to be close to the stairs to get to Explorer's Lounge, but not too close.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these 4 rooms?

Thanks!

image.png.0c0c4527f35005895afd90ae6e170baa.png

9 minutes ago, Camden lady said:

We stayed in 5026 in Jan 22 for West Indes cruise.  No noise at all and being close to elevators and stairs was great.  I would stay in any of those you list.  All great cabins.  Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you much!   

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

We are considering one of the two pairs of DV3 rooms on Deck 5 on Viking Ocean.  They are located just forward of the front stairs.

Port:  5024/5026   Starboard:  5025/5027    They are squished in between PS1's and PV2's.

The price is right and it seems like it'd be nice to be close to the stairs to get to Explorer's Lounge, but not too close.

Thanks!

Ditto to @Camden lady - we were in 5024 for the 2019 Wake of the Vikings segment of the WC.

Zero noise issues from the stairs or lifts and good access to the laundry and the lounge. Plus, you get to hang out with "affluent" neighbours! 🍺🥌

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Thanks!

Kent, never been on deck 5 however had 4030 which has similar positioning to 5030.  What we did not like about 4030 is when you open your door, anyone waiting for the elevator can see into your room.  We love being either just fore or aft of the forward lifts on any floor and those are the first ones we choose.  Close to Explorers Lounge plus when returning from excursions, we just walk to the forward elevators to avoid the crowds.

• Like 3

We were in 5021 on one cruise and 5029 on another.  No issues with noise or crowds at all.  And having the stairs and elevator right there was often very convenient.  The laundry room is on the port side, a bit further aft, if you want to be a bit closer to it.

9 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

Kent, never been on deck 5 however had 4030 which has similar positioning to 5030.  What we did not like about 4030 is when you open your door, anyone waiting for the elevator can see into your room.  We love being either just fore or aft of the forward lifts on any floor and those are the first ones we choose.  Close to Explorers Lounge plus when returning from excursions, we just walk to the forward elevators to avoid the crowds.

Thanks, Lorna.  I see however, that 4030 is right in front of the elevator.  The DV3's I asked about are up the road a bit and beyond the wall that ends at the stairwell, so I don't think that would be an issue for those rooms.

We now always choose that area of the ship, by the forward stairwell. 

However, we have decided that we prefer DV6 cabins on deck 3. Admittedly they are 2 decks (or about 30 seconds by stairs or lift) further from the Explorer's lounge than those on deck 5. But, by the same token, they are closer to all the restaurants and public areas in the lower part of the ship. More significantly, they are that much closer to the gangway when we return after a long day  😴😴

I would also add marginally less "rock and roll" on the lower decks and the small cost saving over the higher DV categories is no bad thing either!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Thanks, Lorna.  I see however, that 4030 is right in front of the elevator.  The DV3's I asked about are up the road a bit and beyond the wall that ends at the stairwell, so I don't think that would be an issue for those rooms.

Exactly.  Thats why we like rooms just forward or aft of elevator/stairwell.