Your Experience with Guarantees

caviargal

We are sailing with friends on Ovation next month and chose to book Verandah guarantees.  It was a nice savings and since all suites have verandahs only V2 and above are available to confirm, we made the decision to go for it.

Currently there are 5 higher end suites and about 29 verandahs available.

Does Seabourn generally offer upsells?  

If you have booked a GTY with SB what has your experience been?

We have no expectations of an upper suite but wondering if they normally berth the mid ship Verandahs in the higher categories first.

Can't wait in any case!

53 minutes ago, caviargal said:

We are sailing with friends on Ovation next month and chose to book Verandah guarantees.  It was a nice savings and since all suites have verandahs only V2 and above are available to confirm, we made the decision to go for it.

Currently there are 5 higher end suites and about 29 verandahs available.

Does Seabourn generally offer upsells?  

We have no expectations of an upper suite but wondering if they normally berth the mid ship Verandahs in the higher categories first.

Can't wait in any case!

Yes,you will likely be offered an upsell so it  is up to you to decide if the price is right.

Edited by Mr Luxury
  • Like 1

Do you mean OB? If so, booked twice and both times got excellent suites. The last time we got a V5 suite at V1 price. To be honest never noticed any significant  difference in suites, certainly not for difference in price.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dunnedg said:

Do you mean OB? If so, booked twice and both times got excellent suites. The last time we got a V5 suite at V1 price. To be honest never noticed any significant  difference in suites, certainly not for difference in price.

Yes, OB.  Thanks!

The OB price is generally very attractive but the downside is that you can get offered a suite that is below the pool deck which for me is a complete no or you can get a suite at the front of the ship and low down which is ok if you don't want to sleep early morning as the ship drops anchor when tendering.

Just now, Mr Luxury said:

The OB price is generally very attractive but the downside is that you can get offered a suite that is below the pool deck which for me is a complete no or you can get a suite at the front of the ship and low down which is ok if you don't want to sleep early morning as the ship drops anchor when tendering.

Understood.  We will hope for good news and are willing to entertain an upsell. With less than 28 days to travel and wide availability mid ship, I am hoping for a decent location.

3 minutes ago, caviargal said:

Understood.  We will hope for good news and are willing to entertain an upsell. With less than 28 days to travel and wide availability mid ship, I am hoping for a decent location.

Good luck and happy sailing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

I'm an early riser, but Mr.SLSD prefers to sleep late.  Under the pool deck might work for me!  At least I would have to dine at breakfast alone.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SLSD said:

I'm an early riser, but Mr.SLSD prefers to sleep late.  Under the pool deck might work for me!  At least I would have to dine at breakfast alone.  

Under the pool deck has noise at night as happy revellers make noise crossing the deck and from 05.00 in the morning when the deck crew set up for the day.

Perfect if you like to sleep between Midnight and 05.00 😁

4 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

Under the pool deck has noise at night as happy revellers make noise crossing the deck and from 05.00 in the morning when the deck crew set up for the day.

That's me most nights, if I last until 5am.  That would qualify as sleeping in!

Edited by caviargal
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Luxury said:

That sounds about right for me, but Mr. SLSD requires more sleep.   We were fortunate the only time we did a guarantee.  Our suite was  midship on the 6th deck.  It was our favorite suite of all the times we've sailed on SB.  We preferred it to suites on 7 and on 8.  Also, it was next to an elevator (which was very quiet) and that was convenient.  

• Like 1

We’re on the Ovation next month, also on a guaranty . A couple of weeks ago we were offered an upsell to a ph for $3200 pp, or for a higher category of V for $ 1000 pp. Turned both down. Sailed on Ovation several times in different locations, and even a quarantine lol. Content to wait and see.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SLSD said:

That sounds about right for me, but Mr. SLSD requires more sleep.   We were fortunate the only time we did a guarantee.  Our suite was  midship on the 6th deck.  It was our favorite suite of all the times we've sailed on SB.  We preferred it to suites on 7 and on 8.  Also, it was next to an elevator (which was very quiet) and that was convenient.  

642 is my go to on that deck

7 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

We’re on the Ovation next month, also on a guaranty . A couple of weeks ago we were offered an upsell to a ph for $3200 pp, or for a higher category of V for $ 1000 pp. Turned both down. Sailed on Ovation several times in different locations, and even a quarantine lol. Content to wait and see.

Yes, I would not accept for that cost either.  Willing to roll the dice!

10 hours ago, caviargal said:

We booked an OB for our Quest sailing in January 2020 and received a V1 stateroom, low and forward, no upgrade, had a wonderful cruise. All cabins may have been occupied, 418 passengers reported aboard.

• Like 1

Our first cruise we got 532 which was midship so perfect for me and the second time we took an OB we got 746 which connected with the suite next door to form the Grand Wintergarden suite and had the funny little half balcony but it was absolutely fine. (Both on the soon to be departed Odyssey)

What I liked about the interconnecting suites was there were two doors so that cut out any noise (and they were open when we dropped our carry on off so we had a look at the Wintergarden suite (as it was called without our little Veranda 😜)

Edited by Techno123
  • Like 1