What does a room steward do?

808cruisers

7 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

But how often does she go through with it?

If it is never, I am sure you recognize it as an empty threat.

Once for about 30 seconds, but then she spends more time out there then I do and therefore the possibility of revenge is a good preventive.😉

5 hours ago, ldtr said:

They used to have the cards at Customer Service to recognize employees, but they have done away with those and gone the survey route.  On occasion I have written letters praising good employees and dropped them off at customer service and asked them to please make sure that they got to the right individual (manager).  They have always been very happy to do so.  I suspect that CS is very happy to deal with positives instead of the usual negatives they get bombarded with.

I have also written to customerrelations@princesscruises.com with praise for multiple crew members. They actually called to thank me and assured me they would forward my comments to the appropriate management.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ldtr said:

My wife has threatened to lock me on the balcony on more than one occasion.

His wife didn't lock him on the balcony but I do know someone who took an air mattress and slept on the balcony for the duration of a Panama Canal crossing. 😎

42 minutes ago, CruiseCrabs said:

However, the tip pool only applies to a percentage of the crew, usually those on the hotel side of the business.  Those on the ship operations, security and engineering, medical are usually not in the tip pool.  Even in the hotel side there are people outside of the tip pool based upon position and rank. For example most of the entertainers are outside of the tip pool, though I am not sure about the CD staff.

Those working for contractors such as the store employees, art gallery and the spa workers are outside of the pool.

Out of the 1380 crew probably more like 600-700 in the tip pool at most.

Edited by ldtr