MSC @ NYC

Trueblueky

On 3/23/2023 at 7:58 PM, HardToPort said:

Departing from Brooklyn doesn’t look like it gives you the same close of view of the Statue of Liberty as from the Manhattan port. But I always love to go under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge.

It does not, you are in Buttermilk Channel with Governor's Island between you and Ellis Island if you were to draw a straight line between midship and Ellis. Still great views of Manhattan, just don't get any closer. I'll find some pictures from my Princess Cruises.

3 minutes ago, Brighton Line said:

It does not, you are in Buttermilk Channel with Governor's Island between you and Ellis Island if you were to draw a straight line between midship and Ellis. Still great views of Manhattan, just don't get any closer. I'll find some pictures from my Princess Cruises.

Thanks for confirming, I thought not. I’ve sailed out of the Manhattan pier twice on NCL. It is, without a doubt my favourite “sail out” port. Embark in Manhattan after a night on the town. Gliding onto the Hudson, past Lady Liberty under the narrows bridge. It was a January cruise so by the time we got to the narrows it was dark and the bridge and Manhattan were all lit up.