Bar Tab Question

tangoeco88

My wife and I will be on the Resilient Lady Mermaiden Voyage on the 14th of May. Its our 1st time on Virgin after 2 on Royal. We booked 1 room with the free $600 bar tab. My question is the $600 bar tab is under my account and doesn't appear on my wifes account.. If my wife used her bracelet to order cocktails or beer or wine will it automatically deduct from the $600 bar tab under my name? or do i have to use my bracelet for all drinks to be able to use the bar tab?

When you do check in on the app there will be the option to select that one person is paying the bill for the whole cabin, select that you are paying and all charges goes to you. If you go over the bar tab and for items that aren’t drinks they then go to your credit cards.
Or go to sailor services onboard and they can sort it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tangoeco88 said:

My wife and I will be on the Resilient Lady Mermaiden Voyage on the 14th of May. Its our 1st time on Virgin after 2 on Royal. We booked 1 room with the free $600 bar tab. My question is the $600 bar tab is under my account and doesn't appear on my wifes account.. If my wife used her bracelet to order cocktails or beer or wine will it automatically deduct from the $600 bar tab under my name? or do i have to use my bracelet for all drinks to be able to use the bar tab?

The Bar Tab is for the cabin, both people have access to it. It will only show up in the lead sailor's account. But it applies to both people in the cabin. Any drinks your wife orders is charged back to the cabin, and that $600 will take care of the first $600 in paid drinks. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

The Bar Tab is for the cabin, both people have access to it. It will only show up in the lead sailor's account. But it applies to both people in the cabin. Any drinks your wife orders is charged back to the cabin, and that $600 will take care of the first $600 in paid drinks. 

only if the account is set up that way. If when doing check in on the app you select each person will pay it keeps two separate accounts. Need to select it during check in set up or go an d see Sailor Services. 

it’s nothing to worry about, but it’s possible to set the two seperate accounts without realising!

Just set up payment so you are responsible for the whole cabin.  Anything charged on either bracelet will then bill to the cabin's account.  That means that the first $600 of paid drinks will be covered by the bar tab.  Anything else will go to whatever loot might be on the account, and after that will go to your credit card.  You can do this on the app during your on line check in , at the check in counter, or at Sailor Services on board.

• Like 1