Why no cruises to Bermuda in December?

mcbor

I have never been to Bermuda and have been looking at booking a cruise to there. Since I have to work around school vacations I can go either in July or December (Christmas vacation). Why are there no cruises in December?

I have only cruised on Carnival, so any recommendations on cruise line or which port is best to leave from (Philly, NJ, NY, or Baltimore) would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Didn't realize it got cold there. I do not know very much about Bermuda - I am just starting my research. Thanks.

Hi mcbor. Bermuda would be a bit chilly anytime besides May-October and that is why they offer the cruises during those times only, well that and the fact that the Atlantic is a bit rougher than the warm Caribbean. It is a beautiful, quaint, British island in the Atlantic, many miles off the coast of North Carolina. I did the Boston - Bermuda NCL Majesty cruise at the end of May...we left Boston wearing jackets and by the time we woke up the next day...we were in bathing suits at the pool. Bermuda had gorgeous weather while there. Summer months would be perfect and probably a bit more expensive, as May and October would be the least amount of $$$. It's a great way to visit this rather expensive island...the ship is your floating hotel. The public bus system is so easy to get around the island.

Just remember that the atmosphere is very different than a Caribbean island. We enjoyed the beauty and the people very much.

Hope you enjoy!:)

Kathy

The ships don’t come in the winter for a variety of reasons: there are fewer good weather days, it’s too cold to go swimming, and there isn’t as much demand.

Bermuda is not in the tropics, our summers almost never get above 90F, the coldest it has ever gotten in the winter is 41F (or maybe 43F, I forget), it never snows, but we occasionally get small hail, the warm water form the gulf stream keeps us fairly warm.

• 3 weeks later...
I have never been to Bermuda and have been looking at booking a cruise to there. Since I have to work around school vacations I can go either in July or December (Christmas vacation). Why are there no cruises in December?

I have only cruised on Carnival, so any recommendations on cruise line or which port is best to leave from (Philly, NJ, NY, or Baltimore) would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Ever been to Ocean City in December? Very similar. Plus the Atlantic Ocean is an unforgiven entity in the winter.

Archived