Post Cruise from Rotterdam to Rome;Train to Amsterdam or Brussels Airport?

kwokpot

I'll be disembarking an Iceland cruise from Rotterdam on July 19th. Originally planned on taking the train to Paris but now plan to take another cruise from Rome

four days later. I assumed I would take the train to Amsterdam Airport then fly to Rome. But now I see I could take the train South to Brussels Airport and fly to Rome from there. About one hour longer and slightly more for train tickets but the airfare is cheaper from Brussels. Anyone with any insight which would way would be better? Thanks in advance for any information.

Just make sure that your flights are from Brussels Zaventem Airport (BRU) and not Brussels South Charleroi (CRL) which is a distance (60 km) from Brussels. BRU is about 12 km from Brussels City. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

Just make sure that your flights are from Brussels Zaventem Airport (BRU) and not Brussels South Charleroi (CRL) which is a distance (60 km) from Brussels. BRU is about 12 km from Brussels City. 

Thank you. I went ahead and reserved a 2:55pm fight on Brussels Air which lands in Rome at 5:00pm. I spent $249 for 2 people, booking it on with a 3rd party company (hopper) and it includes a checked bag and allows me to make free changes through the 3rd party company. I was debating whether to take an earlier flight from Schiphol (AMS) 11:55-2:10 (FCO) on ITA which would have costed $430 total for 2. In the end I went with the less expensive but further from Rotterdam flight. The good thing is I can change our minds later and switch to a Schiphol flight assuming the flights are available and not wildly more expensive.