Status Match question

archer_310

Do I need to submit a status match sheet for each person in my family, or do I just do it once?  Also, it seems that I need to attach a picture of my membership card from the cruise line I'm trying to match.  I don't have a membership card, so what do I submit?  Is it necessary for the submission, or is the number good enough?

Each person gets an individual Voyagers Club membership, so each Status Match is for one person, not for a whole family. If there are people in your group with no status on another cruise line (or eligible hotel/airline), then of course they can't Status Match. Or if they have low status and don't plan to cruise MSC regularly from now on, it's also probably not worth it to match, because it can only be done once and the matched status expires after 3 years if they don't cruise with MSC again.

If you give us more details about your family we can give you more specific advice.

1 hour ago, hawkeyetlse said:

Each person gets an individual Voyagers Club membership, so each Status Match is for one person, not for a whole family. If there are people in your group with no status on another cruise line (or eligible hotel/airline), then of course they can't Status Match. Or if they have low status and don't plan to cruise MSC regularly from now on, it's also probably not worth it to match, because it can only be done once and the matched status expires after 3 years if they don't cruise with MSC again.

If you give us more details about your family we can give you more specific advice.

OK, I can do that.  Two of us are Platinum on Disney, our son I think is still Gold.

We just did one match in my husband's name as you can be a " guest" with some perks (  specialty dinner).  That way if perks are only for a certain amount of time, I will put it in for me when time comes.

6 hours ago, archer_310 said:

I took a screenshot of my number and status, so hopefully that will do.  Anyone know if I have to do this for each person in my party, or just me?

That should work. I've never cruised before, so I sent screenshot of my online TA status as that was my only valid option. I got my match the next day. 

That was nerve racking to get the 5% status applied to my existing booking. Ended up getting a 80$ on-board credit, but the person didn't do it correctly and I owed $0.10 afterwords. Luckily I noticed and paid right away.

Good luck! 
I filled in the form and got an email saying that I’m a GOLD, with a Voyager number…

Except, the number doesn’t work! I’ve sent them 3 emails trying to fix it and I get an automatic response that they will get back to me. So far nothing. I’ve tried calling but I’m told it’s an independent department and they don’t have a phone number. So far no one has been able to help me.