MSC WORLD EUROPA 20th October 2023 7nths

I can not wait for this cruise on this beautiful looking ship! Starting in Barcelona. Even though I have cruised this route before I'm still very excited and looking forward to seeing something different in each port again if I can drag myself off the ship!

Edited by Cruiseforever11

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2023 at 3:55 AM, Cruiseforever11 said:

I can not wait for this cruise on this beautiful looking ship! Starting in Barcelona. Even though I have cruised this route before I'm still very excited and looking forward to seeing something different in each port again if I can drag myself off the ship!

Hi Cruiseforever11, My husband and I will be in this cruise too. Just before my RCCL Symphony Trasatlántic. Very existed to know this beautiful MSC new World Europa. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/26/2023 at 3:55 AM, Cruiseforever11 said:

Do you have any recommendations for excursions for this itinerary?  Any not to be missed things to see or do?  

9 hours ago, mama4five said:

Do you have any recommendations for excursions for this itinerary?  Any not to be missed things to see or do?  

So when we cruise we usually take each day as it comes and don't normally do tours unless there is something we want to do. So for this cruise we are boarding in Barcelona. Marseille, we don't get off here but last time we were there msc did shuttle buses to the end of the port and into town but if your fit and able walk to the end of port there is or was a free shuttle into Marseille. Genoa, we always seem to board our ship there so not really seen Genoa so this time we have an excursion booked in Genoa which is the 3/4hr city tour and we might visit the Aquarium afterwards as i think its quiet a big one. Naples, we are visiting Pompeii last time we visited Mount Vesuvius. Sicily we just wander around the port but i did want to do the Mount Etna tour this time but shes been very active lately so another time. Malta, the last time we just did a hop on hop off bus tour and did the East side of the Island and what was worth the visit is the Blue grotto its just stunning. This time we are doing the Harbour cruise with drinks at the end. Then back to Barcelona. We sound pretty boring but we treasure our holidays as chill out time and go with what ever we feel like at the time. I hope this helps even a tiny bit! 😊

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

So when we cruise we usually take each day as it comes and don't normally do tours unless there is something we want to do. So for this cruise we are boarding in Barcelona. Marseille, we don't get off here but last time we were there msc did shuttle buses to the end of the port and into town but if your fit and able walk to the end of port there is or was a free shuttle into Marseille. Genoa, we always seem to board our ship there so not really seen Genoa so this time we have an excursion booked in Genoa which is the 3/4hr city tour and we might visit the Aquarium afterwards as i think its quiet a big one. Naples, we are visiting Pompeii last time we visited Mount Vesuvius. Sicily we just wander around the port but i did want to do the Mount Etna tour this time but shes been very active lately so another time. Malta, the last time we just did a hop on hop off bus tour and did the East side of the Island and what was worth the visit is the Blue grotto its just stunning. This time we are doing the Harbour cruise with drinks at the end. Then back to Barcelona. We sound pretty boring but we treasure our holidays as chill out time and go with what ever we feel like at the time. I hope this helps even a tiny bit! 😊

It does help.  Thank you very much.  

This is probably a long shot but I was wondering if anyone would like to share a private tour with DH and I on October 21, in Marseille.  We are looking at a private tour to Aix-en-Provence.  We used Tours By Locals during our last family cruise and we loved it, but that was with our family of 10.  This time it is only the two of us, and the tour is priced $555 for 6 people.  MSC has a similar excursion for $63 but then we would be with a busload of people and lose the personalized attention that a private tour guide provides.  This is the link for the tour:  https://www.toursbylocals.com/Aix-en-Provence-PrivateTour-4hours

11 hours ago, mama4five said:

This is probably a long shot but I was wondering if anyone would like to share a private tour with DH and I on October 21, in Marseille.  We are looking at a private tour to Aix-en-Provence.  We used Tours By Locals during our last family cruise and we loved it, but that was with our family of 10.  This time it is only the two of us, and the tour is priced $555 for 6 people.  MSC has a similar excursion for $63 but then we would be with a busload of people and lose the personalized attention that a private tour guide provides.  This is the link for the tour:  https://www.toursbylocals.com/Aix-en-Provence-PrivateTour-4hours

Hello @mama4five

To help you out, your new thread titled World Europa - Oct 20-27 - Barcelona: Anyone interested in sharing a private tour in Marseille? posted on an incorrect forum has been merged into the existing Roll Call thread MSC WORLD EUROPA 20th October 2023 7nths where you have posted before. The specific Roll Call thread for your cruise is the ONLY place on the Cruise Critic message boards where you and your fellow Roll Call thread members are allowed to post personal ads about sharing private tours, excursions or transportation with each other. There is a "captive audience" there since you are all sailing together!

suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come looking for you as notifications. If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!!

Happy sails,

Host Kat 

43 minutes ago, TripsOnShipsTraveler said:

Dear Mama4five... Consider this similar tour from Shore Excursions Group, which specializes in cruiseship passengers and guarantees return to the ship on time! See: https://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/tour/aix-en-provence-marseille/eumrpraixpri

Thank you. I will check it out. Tours By Locals also guarantees return to ship, which is a very important factor.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...