Princess Ship Dry Dock Schedule?

gottagocit

Does anyone know where to find the latest dry dock schedule for Princess ships?  I’m specifically interested in when the Island is set to be in for maintenance.  
It would be great to learn of any large maintenance or improvements planned for her also but that’s probably asking too much. Lol

2 hours ago, gottagocit said:

Does anyone know where to find the latest dry dock schedule for Princess ships?  I’m specifically interested in when the Island is set to be in for maintenance.  
It would be great to learn of any large maintenance or improvements planned for her also but that’s probably asking too much. Lol

According to the Lloyds Register database, the Island Princess is due for "bottom inspection" (dry dock) in Sept 2024.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

According to the Lloyds Register database, the Island Princess is due for "bottom inspection" (dry dock) in Sept 2024.

Would that include any 'improvements planned' per the OPs question, or simply exterior maintenance and inspection?  The link I attached was from Cruise Critic regarding refurbishments of which they reported none.  I'm guessing most people who continually complain about the Island are hoping for a return to its' former state, but that seems unrealistic to me.  

16 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Would that include any 'improvements planned' per the OPs question, or simply exterior maintenance and inspection?  The link I attached was from Cruise Critic regarding refurbishments of which they reported none.  I'm guessing most people who continually complain about the Island are hoping for a return to its' former state, but that seems unrealistic to me.  

No, it would not, as the class society doesn't care about passenger amenities.  But, that would be the time frame for any "improvements" to happen.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

… I'm guessing most people who continually complain about the Island are hoping for a return to its' former state, but that seems unrealistic to me.  

3 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

..as the class society doesn't care about passenger amenities…

Not sure if these are failed attempts to read my mind, indirect pokes at someone who posted previously about disliking something about the Island or simply cute replies. In any case thanks for attempting to answer my questions. 
I don’t believe I’ve ever complained about the Island and was merely curious after reading she may be going into dry dock next summer. 

17 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Not sure if these are failed attempts to read my mind, indirect pokes at someone who posted previously about disliking something about the Island or simply cute replies. In any case thanks for attempting to answer my questions. 
I don’t believe I’ve ever complained about the Island and was merely curious after reading she may be going into dry dock next summer. 

I wasn't 'poking' you personally, simply commenting on the many complaints that come up here consistently about the Island.  I'm looking forward my upcoming Island cruise this fall, and don't really care what the 'prior' version was.  I have no specific knowledge about any potential upcoming drydock, but just did a simple Google search which revealed nothing major of note.  That, in conjunction with the Cruise Critic article stating there were no planned upcoming 'refurbishments' was enough to satisfy my curiosity on the matter. 

• 10 months later...
On 3/26/2023 at 9:11 AM, Paula_MacFan said:

Given that the Island Princess is going into dry dock in Sept and the Coral in Oct, I find that hard to believe. The Coral, in particular, is going to be in dry dock for 3 weeks. I'm sure they are going to do some refurbishment during that time.

Also, I searched for "Princess" on that page and it didn't appear so I'm not sure where your pic came from.

36 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

Given that the Island Princess is going into dry dock in Sept and the Coral in Oct, I find that hard to believe. The Coral, in particular, is going to be in dry dock for 3 weeks. I'm sure they are going to do some refurbishment during that time.

Also, I searched for "Princess" on that page and it didn't appear so I'm not sure where your pic came from.

You realize that post is almost a year old.....

Also not sure what 'pic' you're referring to as my post was simply a Google search results link to an article here on Cruise Critic. 

Edited by Paula_MacFan

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Does anyone know when the Grand Princess is scheduled for dry dock and refurbishment? She was last in dry dock for maintenance in 2022 and refurbishment in 2019.

Edited by River Birch