Magnets for the walls

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

Lots of them in all sizes and shapes on Amazon.  

DIYMAG Magnetic Hooks, 25Lbs Strong Heavy Duty Cruise Magnet S-Hooks for Classroom, Fridge, Hanging, Cabins, Grill, Kitchen, Garage, Workplace and

i actually bought some of this type and whenever I put it on the side of my fridge with a single dry bathtowel, it didn't hold up 😞

13 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

These are what I've purchased a couple of times.  They hold up to 60 lbs, the hook is actually movable.  I like 'em.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QSJ6Q72/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Do they hold up a wet cruiseship towel? 

Oh and did you fly with these? I am unsure if I can put these in a carry on? 

Edited by aubreyc1988

3 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Do they hold up a wet cruiseship towel? 

Oh and did you fly with these? I am unsure if I can put these in a carry on? 

Yes, I flew, last May from Atlanta to Seattle.  Had a couple of dozen of them in my carry-on backpack without question or issue.  I also use them around the patio, great for hanging BBQ utensils off the BBQ and Grittle.  

Wet pool towels aren't an issue for them.  It depends more on the surface that you are trying to hang them from.  Smooth-painted vertical surfaces, the magnates might slide down.  However, I find that most cabin walls have textured paint or wallpaper, so no problem.

Edited by Ret MP
  • Like 1

I use the magnets by the door with the stuff I need to sneak out at the crack of dawn. I don’t want to wake everyone up making noise. As far as the towels, when we get back from the beach I take the beach chair clips and dry the towel and suits on the balcony chairs. When they are dry, I take the clips and towels and put them back in bag and put suit on a magnet next to coverup and other suits.