Celebrity Eclipse SLANTED balcony advice needed

1JockeyGirl

We've sailed a number of times (including on transatlantics) in forward-facing balconies on the slant of the hump.  We did not find the wind bothersome, and we prefer to see where we are going.  You also get a nice view of the bridge wings. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/27/2023 at 8:17 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Book a rear-facing slant, either port or starboard.  The first and third balconies on the slant have the largest balconies.

Is that counting from the outside row of cabins or the inside row, i.e. would #6237 in this picture be the first or the fourth cabin?  Thanks

Screenshot (8).png

3 minutes ago, Gbillman said:

Is that counting from the outside row of cabins or the inside row, i.e. would #6237 in this picture be the first or the fourth cabin?  Thanks

Screenshot (8).png

You begin counting off the hump.  6237 would be the first as well as 6215 up forward.  So the 1st and 3rd are the largest of the four balconies while the 2nd and 4th are large also, but a bit smaller than the 1st & 3rd.  All of them are larger than the normal balconies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2023 at 5:00 PM, Turtles06 said:

We've sailed a number of times (including on transatlantics) in forward-facing balconies on the slant of the hump.  We did not find the wind bothersome, and we prefer to see where we are going.  You also get a nice view of the bridge wings. 

I agree 100%. I prefer facing forward. Never had an issue with the wind being too strong on any of the sailings that I've had a forward facing hump balcony.

• Thanks 1

[ON EDIT] never mind, realized we're talking about the Eclipse, and when I look at specific photos of her from the rear, it looks as if the window-washing equipment is stored behind the balcony cabins so as not to obstruct their views.  Good design, Celebrity!

Going solely from memory and not currently looking at pictures of the particular ship(s), aren't the window-washing units stored in front of the most rearward forward-facing slant cabins?  Cabins 1194 and 1401 on the deckplans shown earlier?  I seem to recall a cruise on Celebrity years ago where we noticed that when we looked at the ship from the outside and I've just avoided booking those cabins since then.  I believe the machinery retracts up, so it would only impact the top two or three decks in that stack (except when they are deployed but then they're moving along the side of the ship).

Edited by Brucemcdou