Maracas Beach and Richard's Bake and Shark

Wildgrits

Our cruise stops in Trinidad & Tobago.  

I was sad to see that every option I found for entertainment was for weekends only.  

Has anyone ventured over to this beach and eatery?  We are all about trying street food and options that the locals like.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got back from our cruise.  LOVED Maracas Beach!!!! 

The vendors are very polite. 

There are about 5 Bake & Sharks to choose from.  We ate at Richard's and were not disappointed.

Two chairs and an umbrella was $20.  The Sandwiches from the Bake & Shark were $9 each.  Got a coconut from a vendor for $5.  Beers and sodas were around $2-$3 each.

A very long beach but I didn't find a good area for snorkeling.  We will definitely return but will leave our fins and masks at home.   our 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Wildgrits said:

Just got back from our cruise.  LOVED Maracas Beach!!!! 

The vendors are very polite. 

There are about 5 Bake & Sharks to choose from.  We ate at Richard's and were not disappointed.

Two chairs and an umbrella was $20.  The Sandwiches from the Bake & Shark were $9 each.  Got a coconut from a vendor for $5.  Beers and sodas were around $2-$3 each.

A very long beach but I didn't find a good area for snorkeling.  We will definitely return but will leave our fins and masks at home.   our 

Our excursion stopped by this beach (on a recent Tuesday). We were dropped at Uncle Sam and Sons across the street to the East end of the bay. Good bar and food there. We only had 20 minutes so I only had time to take a peek at the beach. Seemed pretty busy to me... 2 and 3 rows of chairs as far as I could see.  How was your experience of the crowds?  Given that this is one of the only beach options, I'd expect it to get pretty busy.

_DSC2116.JPG

_DSC2112.JPG

_DSC2113.JPG

_DSC2114.JPG

_DSC2115.JPG

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 11:34 AM, Blaise said:

Our excursion stopped by this beach (on a recent Tuesday). We were dropped at Uncle Sam and Sons across the street to the East end of the bay. Good bar and food there. We only had 20 minutes so I only had time to take a peek at the beach. Seemed pretty busy to me... 2 and 3 rows of chairs as far as I could see.  How was your experience of the crowds?  Given that this is one of the only beach options, I'd expect it to get pretty busy.

Blaise, I think you and I were on the same cruise.  Jewel from 2/3-2/10?  The umbrellas and chairs were at least 3 deep.  But with so many food and bev options, we never waited for anything.

46 minutes ago, Wildgrits said:

Blaise, I think you and I were on the same cruise.  Jewel from 2/3-2/10?  The umbrellas and chairs were at least 3 deep.  But with so many food and bev options, we never waited for anything.

Yes, that's the cruise. If we went back to Trinidad, not sure what we'd choose to do. An hour drive for a crowded beach is not appealing (even though the Bake and Shark is tasty), and there were 3 other good beach islands on this itinerary.