La Cabana and Eagle Beach

Calyn2323

I have read a number of post on Eagle Beach. In one post it said the bus stops at La Cabana, just walk across the street and you are near a bar and can rent a chair on the beach. On another thread it said the bus doesn't stop at La Cabana.

We have a group and we will all be getting to the beach at different times and would like to meet up on the beach. So can someone tell me if the bus stops at La Cabana?

Thanks

Carolyn :)

Calyn, my wife met me at La Cabana this past Tuesday by cab, and says it was $10 one-way from the cruise pier. I'm not certain about the bus, but this place is along one of the major roads betwen downtown and Palm Beach, so I have to think it stops at least somewhat close to there. Sorry I can't be more precise about that, but I was dropped off at La Cabana from a morning tour.

In any case, when you get there just go into the main entrance/lobby and walk directly through to the back, where you'll arrive at a pretty large bar area with bathrooms and a pool. Keep walking past that to the beach and you'll see all the little huts that are reserved for the resort folks. They identify those staying at the resort by blue and white striped towels they give them, so if you decide to try and snag an open hut, be prepared to potentially do battle with one of the guests there with perhaps too much time on their hands! :-) Some of these folks tend to be a little provincial and hostile to cruise ship passengers using their huts, even when there's plenty of availability...

Closer to the beach there are chaise lounge chairs as well; not sure whether those were for rent or free. The beach was beautiful! Enjoy!

• 2 months later...

We were there just 2 weeks ago and tool a taxi to La Cabana. The cost of the taxi was $8 there and $9 back to the pier. ( my suit was a little damp). We rented chairs for $5 each. Before we left the beach we went across the street and had a drink at the bar. I really enjoyed my time on the beach. If you want a beach with more action go to Palm beach. I enjoyed both beaches. Love Aruba's beaches.

Archived