Quick questions about online check in

travelswithK

This board has been so valuable to a semi-newbie cruiser like me! In preparing for my second cruise – on the Norwegian Joy May 14, I have a couple of questions (and probably more in the coming days). I will be cruising with my sister and dad, and I want to make the process as seamless as possible for them.

When it is time to check in, what information do I need from them? Can I have them send me their passport info, etc. so I can enter it myself. They live across the country so we won’t all be able to do it together.

The only other time I cruised on NCL, there was only one credit card attached to the whole room. Are we able to have each individual use their own credit card for on-board expenses when we check in?

1 minute ago, travelswithK said:

When it is time to check in, what information do I need from them? Can I have them send me their passport info, etc. so I can enter it myself. They live across the country so we won’t all be able to do it together.

The only other time I cruised on NCL, there was only one credit card attached to the whole room. Are we able to have each individual use their own credit card for on-board expenses when we check in?

Check-In is 21 days prior to Cruise  (available to do at 12:01 AM EST).  

If you are going to be the person doing the check-in for everyone, yes you can do each check-in.  However, you will need a recent photo (Similar to a passport photo, with white background, NO glasses on, Head-shot).

Yes, one credit card for the cabin, but you select that option during the check-in &/or at the pier.

If you are all on the same reservation and in the same room, it is my understanding you can complete the check in for them.  At time of check in, you will need their passport number and expiration date.  You'll select your boarding time too, and also upload a photo of each of you for security.  You'll need a recent photo with a plain background, no other people in the photo and you must remove glasses if you wear them.  I tried to upload a photo with glasses and it wouldn't accept it.  If I recall correctly, you can put an individual credit card for each person.  In addition to above, you need contact info for each, along with an emergency contact (someone not traveling with you).  I think that's about it.  You have plenty of time to check in once they open it up.  Your e-docs for boarding will usually be available about 24 hours from time check in is completed, that was my experience last week. 

• Like 1

Just now, ggTexasGal said:

Check-In is 21 days prior to Cruise  (available to do at 12:01 AM EST).  

If you are going to be the person doing the check-in for everyone, yes you can do each check-in.  However, you will need a recent photo (Similar to a passport photo, with white background, NO glasses on, Head-shot).

Yes, one credit card for the cabin, but you select that option during the check-in &/or at the pier.

Thank you! I will just have them get all the info ready for me beforehand so it's all ready at 21 days.

Just now, AVLTravelers said:

If you are all on the same reservation and in the same room, it is my understanding you can complete the check in for them.  At time of check in, you will need their passport number and expiration date.  You'll select your boarding time too, and also upload a photo of each of you for security.  You'll need a recent photo with a plain background, no other people in the photo and you must remove glasses if you wear them.  I tried to upload a photo with glasses and it wouldn't accept it.  If I recall correctly, you can put an individual credit card for each person.  In addition to above, you need contact info for each, along with an emergency contact (someone not traveling with you).  I think that's about it.  You have plenty of time to check in once they open it up.  Your e-docs for boarding will usually be available about 24 hours from time check in is completed, that was my experience last week. 

That's great information! Thanks for the help!

55 minutes ago, travelswithK said:

Thank you! I will just have them get all the info ready for me beforehand so it's all ready at 21 days.

You may need to retake the photos, sometimes multiple retakes.  Make sure you can contact them in that event.  

• Like 1

If you want to, do a google search for "NCL On Line Check In Video" you can watch that so you won't have any surprises when you go to check in.  

As an FYI for each person you check in you will have to watch the muster safety drill video. If you try to forward it to the end it may make you watch it twice before you can continue. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jimsig said:

As an FYI for each person you check in you will have to watch the muster safety drill video. If you try to forward it to the end it may make you watch it twice before you can continue. 

Of course, while the video is playing is a great time to fetch coffee or hit the bathroom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm traveling with two others and we were able check in individually and each put in our own credit cards.  

If you do the check in for them, I recommend that you have each of them send you at least three photos.  

5 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

I'm traveling with two others and we were able check in individually and each put in our own credit cards.  

If you do the check in for them, I recommend that you have each of them send you at least three photos.  

That's good to know. The only other time I cruised was with my husband and kids so one credit card was fine, but I'm not sure I want to be responsible for anyone else's mid-sail cruise indulgences but my own. 😁

When I checked in first, at the payment screen it had a checkbox for me to indicate that the same CC would be used for DW.  I checked it and when I checked in DW it said payment info had already been completed.  If I hadn't checked it, I assume that I could have input a different CC for her.

I actually screen capped my latest checkin just for future reference.😎

• Like 1