Vantage River Cruise Air

lynncarol

Just a heads-up to all Vantage River cruise folks who used Vantage to book their air.  Even though My Portfolio showed that air flights were in place, with confirmation numbers  seat #s etc, when we called the airline, they had NO RECORD of our reservations and said that the third party booker (Vantage) had not reaffirmed the booking in time so all was cancelled.  Finally resolved after hours on the phone with Vantage flights but you need to check airline bookings to make sure it actually says "ticketed"

Yes same problem for me.   Told me last week it was going to be paid Monday.  Well not according to united and I’m 21/2 weeks away from leaving. 

yes everyone be aware of problems I’m on hold now 50 minutes so far. 

5 hours ago, DonnaMW said:

Yes same problem for me.   Told me last week it was going to be paid Monday.  Well not according to united and I’m 21/2 weeks away from leaving. 

yes everyone be aware of problems I’m on hold now 50 minutes so far. 

Are you by any chance on the Duoro River cruise?  We leave in 2 1/2 weeks also.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2023 at 11:07 AM, lynncarol said:

Just a heads-up to all Vantage River cruise folks who used Vantage to book their air.  Even though My Portfolio showed that air flights were in place, with confirmation numbers  seat #s etc, when we called the airline, they had NO RECORD of our reservations and said that the third party booker (Vantage) had not reaffirmed the booking in time so all was cancelled.  Finally resolved after hours on the phone with Vantage flights but you need to check airline bookings to make sure it actually says "ticketed"

That's exactly what happened on us...though the travel department didn't take the blame at all...said it was UA's fault our flights were cancelled.  Meanwhile...the great seats we had were taken by someone else (don't blame UA or the pax)...We're not exactly happy with our seats, but at least we THINK we have seats!  🙂

On 4/9/2023 at 2:02 PM, MikieF said:

That's exactly what happened on us...though the travel department didn't take the blame at all...said it was UA's fault our flights were cancelled.  Meanwhile...the great seats we had were taken by someone else (don't blame UA or the pax)...We're not exactly happy with our seats, but at least we THINK we have seats!  🙂

Yes, when I finally got through to Vantage Air, they initially tried to blame the airline but since I just had spoken to an airline supervisor (because I couldn't believe it when the first agent said our tickets were no longer valid) I had the full story. When confronted with this information, the Vantage flight person put me on hold for another 10 minutes, then came back to say she 'had fixed it' which I took to mean they had finally coughed up the money, I then pulled up the airline website, and sure enough, we were ticketed. We leave in two days...if I find myself stranded without a valid ticket, I will report back.