Lotus Spa? What do you think?

FrankieJayIII

Does the Lotus Spa ever run specials... is it better to book in person, or before the cruise>?    We are looking at the various couples massage packages, or the pedicures... but thought there might be specials if booked online.  We also wanted to get a feel for the place before booking.

What is your experience with the Lotus Spa?

3 hours ago, FrankieJayIII said:

Does the Lotus Spa ever run specials... is it better to book in person, or before the cruise>?    We are looking at the various couples massage packages, or the pedicures... but thought there might be specials if booked online.  We also wanted to get a feel for the place before booking.

What is your experience with the Lotus Spa?

On embarkation day, there will be (or there has been previously) a special where you get 10%, 20%, 30% off your 1st, 2nd and subsequent treatments.  That discount is never available online.  I love massages so I budget for these, taking the discount into account and go book them directly at the spa on embarkation.   I have previously enjoyed mani/pedis but have now realised how very overpriced they are and get this done off ship.  I’ve also enjoyed having my hair done on board.  The only downside other than expense is that the treatment staff will try relentlessly to sell you products and other treatments.  I find this stressful, so always request a silent treatment in advance.  One more tip: the counter people are very convincing when they tell you that the only available times are really undesirable…. Be prepared to politely explain that only X times suit you and walk away rather than change your plans - the times you want always seem to free up in the end.

ps: the Enclave, if it is on your ship, is awesome and I book a cruise pass online as soon as I book.  

Edited by trinitygirl

19 minutes ago, trinitygirl said:

On embarkation day, there will be (or there has been previously) a special where you get 10%, 20%, 30% off your 1st, 2nd and subsequent treatments.  That discount is never available online.  I love massages so I budget for these, taking the discount into account and go book them directly at the spa on embarkation.   I have previously enjoyed mani/pedis but have now realised how very overpriced they are and get this done off ship.  I’ve also enjoyed having my hair done on board.  The only downside other than expense is that the treatment staff will try relentlessly to sell you products and other treatments.  I find this stressful, so always request a silent treatment in advance.  One more tip: the counter people are very convincing when they tell you that the only available times are really undesirable…. Be prepared to politely explain that only X times suit you and walk away rather than change your plans - the times you want always seem to free up in the end.

ps: the Enclave, if it is on your ship, is awesome and I book a cruise pass online as soon as I book.  

Regarding the Enclave, do you know if it's less expensive online now than in person? It says it's $149 for the week for our Royal Princess Alaska cruise in May.

thanks~

2 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Regarding the Enclave, do you know if it's less expensive online now than in person? It says it's $149 for the week for our Royal Princess Alaska cruise in May.

thanks~

Same price, but they have limited cruise long passes, so if you know you will use it, I think its best to book ahead.  But as Frankie says, if you are not sure, its probably better to wait, go on a tour on embarkation day, and book then.

• Like 1