River kayaking in Belize--anyone done it?

kimanjo

Help! We're sailing on the RCI Explorer on March 26.

We're trying to finalize our Belize excusion, and we see on in the RCI book called "River Kayaking Safari" but I can't find any private tours with the same agenda...what it says in the book is that you take a van/bus ride through Belize City to the village of Double Run, where you pick up your kayak for a 2 or 3 hour boat ride down the Belize River, ending at the Village of Burrel Boom, for a meal.

Since there seem to be no reports on this, I am vacillating between this excursion, Smuggler's Plantation horse riding, Lamaina & the New River Safari, Jungle Buggy & Mayan Cave, or just Cave-tubing.

We have a 13-year old teen girl, occasionally grumpy, who SAYS she wants to do something fun and active, but ACTS as if she would rather be back at the computer IM'ing her friends or reading a novel while sitting by the pool. Also, we live in Florida, so sun-and-fun is not a big attraction for us.

Help, anyone????

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi, we signed up for the Bacab Eco Park kayak tour in Belize for Legend cruise leaving July 27th, I have also been hoping to find a review but no luck. I will post when we return, but if anyone has gone please let me know how it was. Thanks!!!!!

• 1 year later...
Hi, we signed up for the Bacab Eco Park kayak tour in Belize for Legend cruise leaving July 27th, I have also been hoping to find a review but no luck. I will post when we return, but if anyone has gone please let me know how it was. Thanks!!!!!

I've been looking for info on the Bacab Kayaks, and this post from last year is the only one I could find. Mom23+1, did you wind up doing this excursion, and if so, how was it?

Archived