Cost of Wifi Plan

chubbypiggy

We will be embarking on 4/4, and plan to buy the 4-device wifi plan for our 27 days cruise. I know in the past, the cost of buying the plan after getting on the ship is higher than buying it on the app pre-cruise.  Then I remember reading on CC, with the new higher price, the cost might be the same if you buy pre-cruise or on the ship.  If that is the case, then we rather buy the plan after getting on the ship because we have a lot of OBC that we need to use.

Can someone who been on the ship this month and bought the plan on the ship, kindly let me know if the price is the same?  Thank you.

Hey,

We have found that the price is the same. If you are Platinum or Elite, you will get it half price.

Our 10 cruise in September 2023 will be $200 total for four devices.  

We were on in February 2023 and it was the same price so we use our OBC to pay for it.

It is $15 per day for one device

It is $20 per day for four devices

Enjoy your cruise

Edited by Techwizardress
  • Thanks 1

We got off the Regal Princess on 3/26 after a b2b for 14 days.  We were charged $105 (Elite status) for the two weeks for 1 device.  The price would have been the same if we had pre purchased the internet.  We waited till we boarded to use our OBC.  It was $7.50 per day.  You should be able to see the price on your Medallion that you would pay for either 1 or 4 devices.  Another reason we waited was that my Medallion had me as a "Blue" card and I didn't want to have to try for a refund once on board.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Techwizardress said:

Hey,

We have found that the price is the same. If you are Platinum or Elite, you will get it half price.

Our 10 cruise in September 2023 will be $200 total for four devices.  

We were on in February 2023 and it was the same price so we use our OBC to pay for it.

It is $15 per day for one device

It is $20 per day for four devices

Enjoy your cruise

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

We got off the Regal Princess on 3/26 after a b2b for 14 days.  We were charged $105 (Elite status) for the two weeks for 1 device.  The price would have been the same if we had pre purchased the internet.  We waited till we boarded to use our OBC.  It was $7.50 per day.  You should be able to see the price on your Medallion that you would pay for either 1 or 4 devices.  Another reason we waited was that my Medallion had me as a "Blue" card and I didn't want to have to try for a refund once on board.

My 27 days cruise was booked as 5-day and 22-day as b2b.  I originally bought the 4-device plan under the old cost ($10/day for 4-device for Elites).  Then the cruise fare of the 22-day cruise gone down $500+/person.  Since the promotion was for new bookings only, my CVP canceled and rebooked for us.  Of course, the old price plan of $10/day for the 22 day cruise was canceled along with the original booking.

When I get on the ship on April 4 for the first segment of b2b, which is 5 day, I will go to Internet Cafe to ask if I can buy the next segment, 22 day plan (now at $20/day for Elites) on April 4, or need to wait to buy on April 9 when the next segment starts.  I don't want to buy it on the app and have to pay for it using my credit card.  

53 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:
We will be embarking on 4/4, and plan to buy the 4-device wifi plan for our 27 days cruise. I know in the past, the cost of buying the plan after getting on the ship is higher than buying it on the app pre-cruise.  Then I remember reading on CC, with the new higher price, the cost might be the same if you buy pre-cruise or on the ship.  If that is the case, then we rather buy the plan after getting on the ship because we have a lot of OBC that we need to use.

Can someone who been on the ship this month and bought the plan on the ship, kindly let me know if the price is the same?  Thank you.

Same question.

2 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

My 27 days cruise was booked as 5-day and 22-day as b2b.  I originally bought the 4-device plan under the old cost ($10/day for 4-device for Elites).  Then the cruise fare of the 22-day cruise gone down $500+/person.  Since the promotion was for new bookings only, my CVP canceled and rebooked for us.  Of course, the old price plan of $10/day for the 22 day cruise was canceled along with the original booking.

When I get on the ship on April 4 for the first segment of b2b, which is 5 day, I will go to Internet Cafe to ask if I can buy the next segment, 22 day plan (now at $20/day for Elites) on April 4, or need to wait to buy on April 9 when the next segment starts.  I don't want to buy it on the app and have to pay for it using my credit card.  

Our cruise was booked as two 7-day cruises.  Went to the Internet Cafe to make the actual purchase - wanted to make sure I was pushing the correct buttons.  Even though 2 separate bookings, the manager said the purchase would process for the full 14 days - $105 for the 14 days.and it did.   

2 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Our cruise was booked as two 7-day cruises.  Went to the Internet Cafe to make the actual purchase - wanted to make sure I was pushing the correct buttons.  Even though 2 separate bookings, the manager said the purchase would process for the full 14 days - $105 for the 14 days.and it did.   

If that is the case, then I better wait to do it on April 9, the beginning of my 2nd cruise of b2b.  Because for the 1st cruise of my b2b, which is a 5 day cruise that starts on April 4, I already purchased it when the "old" price was still effective, so only $10/day for 4-device for Elite.  If the process is for the full 27 days, then it might changed my 1st five day to the new price also.

I like to do as many things as possible in advance of a cruise. If I buy the medallion net now when will my credit card be charged-at time of purchase or when we board the ship? Thanks for any info & input. 😊

26 minutes ago, 1965 said:

I like to do as many things as possible in advance of a cruise. If I buy the medallion net now when will my credit card be charged-at time of purchase or when we board the ship? Thanks for any info & input. 😊

It will be charged at the time of purchase.

• Like 1