NutriSystem

SingBill

I have two full boxes of Nutrisystem food. I tried the program and still have the food...which is all vacuum sealed and doesn't need refreigeration. I would be interested in selling, if anyone is interested. Not sure what all is in there, but if you're interested, I can compile an inventory. Email me at: bill_times2@yahoo.com

I have two full boxes of Nutrisystem food. I tried the program and still have the food...which is all vacuum sealed and doesn't need refreigeration. I would be interested in selling, if anyone is interested. Not sure what all is in there, but if you're interested, I can compile an inventory. Email me at: bill_times2@yahoo.com

Did you try the program and it didn't work for you? Is the food terrible?

I have been on NutriSystem for 2 months but have only lost a few pounds. I am so desperate to lose, but I think my failure is in that I can't seem to eat all the food they want you to eat. You add fresh foods to the food they send you. Also, you have to drink the 8 glasses of water per day and I forget to do that. The other problem is that due to my health I can only exercise in the water and the pool isn't warm enough yet.

My sister and another friend have both lost 50 lbs on it, so I know it can be done. I am still trying, the food isn't all that bad. Portion control is the main idea of it all.

Did you try the program and it didn't work for you? Is the food terrible?

As you can see from other posts, some people like the food and lose weight on the program. For me, it was a different story. Some of the food was not bad, and some not to my tastes...but I tend to be a very picky eater and have some food allergies that wouldn't allow some of the spicier selections. I liked the convenience of the foods, and the portions were adequate.

I have since gone on WW and lost 35+ pounds. It's a much better for me and the way I live. :)

Best to you in your weight loss journey.

I have lost over 50 pounds on it since October. I started by ordering one or two only of each food choice I thought I might eat to see which I liked. Some I thought tasted good, some got better by adding seasonings to them, others I couldn't "improve," so I have chosen not to order those again. When I began, I was not able to excercise much due to a broken bone in my foot, but I still lost. I never have been able to drink the full 8 glasses of water a day. But I still lost and still losing, especially now that I can walk easily again.

The main thing for me was to teach myself new habits of portion control. That way when I did an 11 day cruise last month, I had already learned how to eat for my body weight and size, and only gained 3 pounds on the entire cruise. ( I did excercise every day on the cruise, which helped.)

Nutrisystem is not for everyone, but has been fine for me.

One possible negative--since I have food allergies, and have seen allergies mentioned in this thread--if they are out of a certain item when you order, they "help' you out by substituting another item, and each month I have had to call them and remind them that I cannot eat at least one selection that they have sent. They have never had a problem with it, have never had me send back the item that I cannot use, and have speedily sent a corrected item to me. I have given the ones that I cannot eat to others, and have heard positive feedback about the taste.

I wish you good luck and support on whatever plan you opt for to lose the wieght.

David

I have lost over 50 pounds on it since October. I started by ordering one or two only of each food choice I thought I might eat to see which I liked. Some I thought tasted good, some got better by adding seasonings to them, others I couldn't "improve," so I have chosen not to order those again. When I began, I was not able to excercise much due to a broken bone in my foot, but I still lost. I never have been able to drink the full 8 glasses of water a day. But I still lost and still losing, especially now that I can walk easily again.

The main thing for me was to teach myself new habits of portion control. That way when I did an 11 day cruise last month, I had already learned how to eat for my body weight and size, and only gained 3 pounds on the entire cruise. ( I did excercise every day on the cruise, which helped.)

Nutrisystem is not for everyone, but has been fine for me.

One possible negative--since I have food allergies, and have seen allergies mentioned in this thread--if they are out of a certain item when you order, they "help' you out by substituting another item, and each month I have had to call them and remind them that I cannot eat at least one selection that they have sent. They have never had a problem with it, have never had me send back the item that I cannot use, and have speedily sent a corrected item to me. I have given the ones that I cannot eat to others, and have heard positive feedback about the taste.

I wish you good luck and support on whatever plan you opt for to lose the wieght.

David

David

Thank you so much for the additional information. Especially about them "helping you" if they are out of items that you order.

Since DH and I are both going on this together we thought about just one of us signing up to test the food, but I understand there are different food choices for me and women. Does anyone know if this is true or is the food basically the same for both and we can share. At least initially.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Mary

David

Since DH and I are both going on this together we thought about just one of us signing up to test the food, but I understand there are different food choices for me and women. Does anyone know if this is true or is the food basically the same for both and we can share. At least initially.

Mary

This diet will be so much easier for you with both of you on the same diet.It has been hard for me because I still have to cook a meal for my DH, and he brings home cookies and candies and ice cream. I have been able to stay away from most of that. They have women under and over 40 and men under and over 40. I imagine the mens portions are probably larger. The also send you a bottle of vitamins. I got mine thru QVC and a good price.

Thanks Cusyl

I did not know about the vitamins. Good to know they can be purchased at QVC at a lower price.

I really hope this will work out better with DH and I doing this together. He promised that he would give a two month try and I'm going to hold him to it.

Hi. I've done NS and it's very convenient. It's particularly good for me because I don't do well with sugar (Insulin resistant, syndrome X, etc.). If you do exactly what they tell you to--water, adtl foods, NS foods, etc.--you will lose at a healthy rate and you generally won't be hungry (after the first few days), because it is a low glycemic program. If you have some disruption in your routine, talk to their counselors and follow their advise. I highly recommend the meatballs in tomato sauce (lunch- meatball sandwich) and the thick crust pizza (add dehydrated onions to it and pop it in the toaster oven). You'll get to know your preferences soon enough. You can always send back food and exchange it if you don't care for it. Happy losing!

I had thought about trying this - but then I figured the cost (nearly $10 per day) and have been kind of improvising my own. During the week, I have a packet of Quaker weight control oatmeal and a fruit for breakfast. On weekends, I'll make a sandwich with one egg, a TBL. of shredded cheese and a Weight Watcher english muffin. Lunches are frozen Lean Cuisine or Weight Watcher entrees with a salad or raw veggies. Dinner is more of the same or something I fix myself (chicken or fish w/veggies and a starch). Sometimes have a Weight Watchers frozen dessert at night. If I'm traveling, I'll bring a few Slim Fast meal replacement bars. Our local market has the LC entrees on special for $1.98 this week, so my freezer is loaded!

Am down 21 lbs. since Jan. 3, so it seems to be working (oh, I'm nearly 60 and sit at a desk all day).

I had thought about trying this - but then I figured the cost (nearly $10 per day) and have been kind of improvising my own. During the week, I have a packet of Quaker weight control oatmeal and a fruit for breakfast. On weekends, I'll make a sandwich with one egg, a TBL. of shredded cheese and a Weight Watcher english muffin. Lunches are frozen Lean Cuisine or Weight Watcher entrees with a salad or raw veggies. Dinner is more of the same or something I fix myself (chicken or fish w/veggies and a starch). Sometimes have a Weight Watchers frozen dessert at night. If I'm traveling, I'll bring a few Slim Fast meal replacement bars. Our local market has the LC entrees on special for $1.98 this week, so my freezer is loaded!

Am down 21 lbs. since Jan. 3, so it seems to be working (oh, I'm nearly 60 and sit at a desk all day).

WOW. Congratulations. That is great!

WOW. Congratulations. That is great!

Thanks - I also forgot to mention that we either have company for dinner or go out to eat most weekends. As long as I stick to lighter entrees and have extra veggies and salad to fill up on, it works out fine. Just last week, I was hosting a club meeting and made a big crock of meatballs and sausage, but also marinated chicken breasts in fat free balsamic dressing and grilled them - people could make sandwiches from either and I had a bowl of salad greens available also. While most others were scarfing down huge meatball and sausage sandwiches, I could just have a piece of chicken and some salad and not look out of place.

I'm on my second month of Nutri System and I have lost 12 lbs. By the second month I knew which food I liked and which I didn't. I think with your first order you have 30 days to return what you didn't like to replace with what you do like. I have NOT drank all the water they say and I have NOT done any exercise and I don't necessarily eat EVERYTHING they say to eat every single day. I even went off the diet for special occasions and still lost the 12 lbs. My aim is 40 lbs by 5/26 -- day I depart for my Alaska cruise. I live alone so it makes it pretty easy to keep on this diet. Everything is premeasured (including the snacks) so it's easy to keep to it. You just have to add fresh vegetables, salads and fruit. Good luck everyone!:D

I'm on my second month of Nutri System and I have lost 12 lbs. By the second month I knew which food I liked and which I didn't. I think with your first order you have 30 days to return what you didn't like to replace with what you do like. I have NOT drank all the water they say and I have NOT done any exercise and I don't necessarily eat EVERYTHING they say to eat every single day. I even went off the diet for special occasions and still lost the 12 lbs. My aim is 40 lbs by 5/26 -- day I depart for my Alaska cruise. I live alone so it makes it pretty easy to keep on this diet. Everything is premeasured (including the snacks) so it's easy to keep to it. You just have to add fresh vegetables, salads and fruit. Good luck everyone!:D

Congratulations CleoPat. That is such an encouragement to me. I am concerned that I will spend all this money, not like the food, so it's money down the drain. I will check into being able to return what I don't like.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had great success and have lost 30lbs in about 4 months. The food is pretty good and you can alter the order after the first month and order more of the food you liked and try difference selections you have not had yet. The first order has some stuff I did not care for so I recommend trying different selections.

My wife started it this week and she likes the food and stuff so far. I am dieting too (differently) so we removed all the unhealthy food from the house. (If you don't have it, you don't eat it.) She got the 28 day thing to but got the fifth week for free. We figured it out, that if we are not eating fast food two of the three meals a day, cooking a third, and eating snacks, we are actually saving money. Fast food and eating out really adds up.

Good Luck everyone!

Well we just finished one month on Nutrisystem. Food is really not bad. Couple of items we like better than others, but nothing that we would not eat again. DH commented that he had more money in his pocket because he was not eating out anymore.

I've lost 8 pounds and DH lost 14 pounds. We are going to give it another month. We are trying to pay attention to portion size because we found that the portions really were pretty filling.

My only regret is that someone offered to sell us their leftover food and DH chose not to because he was not sure he would like it. After a week he asked "is that food still for sell" and I had to tell him that it was no longer available. Lession learned.

Good luck to everyone.

Ok - we all know that drinking water is a basic for healty living - but I also had problems guzzling 8 eight-oz. glasses a day. Until - I started drinking just 2 one-liter bottles a day. I kept forgetting how many of those darn glasses I had!! Too much to keep track of.

So, I have on liter on the way to work (unfortunately a long commute) and then I have my morning coffee at work. After lunch, I have one more and presto! Daily water intake - no problem! Stupid, I know - but just drinking the 2 bigger bottles really made the difference for me! Now, I drink way more than that and it doesn't even phase me.

Keep hydrated friends :) and fight the good fight! Lord knows I've been battling weight most my adult life. I'm not heavy - just the traditional 30 lbs you can't seem to shed after childbirth.

God Bless!

I just received my second teddy bear for losing 20 lbs. It's a cute reward. I have three weeks before my cruise and I've tried on all the clothes that didn't fit me and they FIT:D So I don't have to go shopping for new clothes for my cruise:p

Archived