Viva Vibe Passes

jrlamour

3 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Those dont look like cabanas to me at least.. Looks like the mister area that has loungers and the few double loungers.. IF that's what they are calling cabanas.. No thanks lol

These are the Viva Cabanas:

image_800x_.jpg?auto=compress,format&fp-

I didn't remember anything in the Getaway Vibe club, that was worth it anyway.  I wouldn't have considered it on the Viva if I could've got a Vibe pass for my 4 day cruise. They said they were not available or sold out on my 4 day Viva cruise. 

Edited by nudistcruzer

And from an article on this here site (cruise critic), granted from 3 years ago.. 

"Breakaway-class ships' Vibe Beach Clubs also boast cozy cabanas, which can be rented by the day or for the duration of your cruise. Sea day and port day rentals each come with a $30 food and beverage credit to be used in Vibe, while full-cruise rentals include a $100 credit. Cabanas come with a special food menu; food is not offered in Vibe otherwise. (Note: Only a handful of cabanas are available on each ship.) There are no cabanas on Norwegian Escape."

11 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Those dont look like cabanas to me at least.. Looks like the mister area that has loungers and the few double loungers.. IF that's what they are calling cabanas.. No thanks lol

I think you are right, those are not cabanas. My memory was they might have had those clamshells. I wouldn't have known the Prima Class Ships had Vibe Cabanas if customer service hadn't mentioned it.

And I 100% apologize for the confusion at this point.. Once again, my ADHD reading comprehension got me.. Or just forgetting exactly which post I'm on.  I totally missed this was specifically a post talking about VIVA vibe....   My brain saw 2 4 letter V words, and decided vibe was the only important one... 

So, while it says there are cabanas on escape, this 100% isnt the thread for that,, 

3 hours ago, nudistcruzer said:

According to my Getaway reservation Cabanas are on the Norwegian Getaway(second Breakaway class ship) . But, this photo only shows two cabanas.

NCL_Getaway_Cabana_Vibe_IMG_1_1920x1080_

Not sure where that photo was taken, but it’s not the Getaway. Getaway has 5 of the clamshell cabanas. 

43 minutes ago, sansroof said:

Not sure where that photo was taken, but it’s not the Getaway. Getaway has 5 of the clamshell cabanas. 

My memory was that they had clamshells as well. But from my Getaway reservation under "Explore and Plan" they show "Vibe Beach Club – Cabana" and that photo but it does say not available to book though. But it is totally bait and switch if that is not what the Cabana looks like. My assumption is that this has been added to the Vibe on the Getaway.

Screenshot_2023-11-03_at_8.27.15.PM.jpg

Here is the full page:

Screenshot_2023-11-03_at_8.39.23_PM.jpg

This page is from my reservation for the Getaway on the 2/16/2024 sailing...

I did just check and this is the same photo used on my Viva reservation.  But, still, if this is not what the cabana is, it is totally bait and switch...

Edited by nudistcruzer

6 minutes ago, nudistcruzer said:

My memory was that they had clamshells as well. But from my Getaway reservation under "Explore and Plan" they show "Vibe Beach Club – Cabana" and that photo but it does say not available to book though. But it is totally bait and switch if that is not what the Cabana looks like. My assumption is that this has been added to the Vibe on the Getaway.

Screenshot_2023-11-03_at_8.27.15.PM.jpg

Here is the full page:

Screenshot_2023-11-03_at_8.39.23_PM.jpg

This page is from my reservation for the Getaway on the 2/16/2024 sailing...

That’s really strange! I just got off the Getaway in mid October so I can confirm the Vibe does not currently look like that. Cruisedeckplans.com has photos that are accurate. 

2 minutes ago, sansroof said:

That’s really strange! I just got off the Getaway in mid October so I can confirm the Vibe does not currently look like that. Cruisedeckplans.com has photos that are accurate. 

I think you are right, this is just another example of the terrible NCL website. In this case, totally misleading.

Edited by nudistcruzer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sansroof said:

The website is absolute garbage. It’s a miracle any time I actually find useful info (and I still never totally trust it).

Nor do I; I do not have a Vibe Cabana on the Getaway(just a Vibe Club Pass for 20 days), I do however have one booked on the Viva for the 12/2/2023 sailing. Less than one month away now....   😁🎉🍾

Edited by nudistcruzer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jim The Lizard said:

Bartenders are usually gone no later than 7 pm.  

Agree with this - on our October cruise, the official Vibe bar closing time was 7pm but on not busy / colder days they sometimes closed a bit early.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2023 at 3:43 PM, Keith.W said:

Vibe on the Viva, was amazing Curly, Michael, Madde Jasimne  made my stay first class and i wouldn't have sailed without it even on a 9 night port intensive cruise i used it daily .

Rommel wasn't in the Vibe? I thought he was heading over to Viva after Prima.

8 hours ago, firstimecruiseronncl said:

Rommel wasn't in the Vibe? I thought he was heading over to Viva after Prima.

Rommel went back to the Philippines shortly after emkarbing on the Viva for personal reasons.  Not sure if he's gone for good or if it's temporary. 

On 10/11/2023 at 12:21 AM, nudistcruzer said:

they said that there are always some spots left that can be booked on the ship.

On 10/11/2023 at 8:14 AM, PATRLR said:

I believe this statement is not correct.  I'm not saying you weren't told this, I am saying whomever said it was wrong.  Especially for warm-weather cruises

i've reported this in other threads, but here it is again: for two recent (october 2023) warm weather cruises on the joy, i purchased the vibe onboard upon embarkation. i guesstimate there were about thirty-five welcome packets there with wristbands waiting to be sold. the majority of those were for two people, so there may have been as many as fifty-five or sixty spots sold on the day. i specifically asked if they held back some passes for sale and was told that they do. YMMV depending on the size of the ship and the ship's occupancy. for what it's worth, the first cruise was slightly under capacity, the second cruise was at or near capacity.

for the first cruise, i live only a few blocks from the port, so was among the first onboard the ship, qualifying through several different elite statuses. i was the first to purchase a vibe pass. for the second cruise, i was a back-to-back passenger so i was once again onboard early and the first person in line. there was a different rep handling the transaction and so i asked all the same annoying questions. and i got the same answers all over again.

FYI... $309 for the twelve day cruise; $249 for the seven day cruise.

On 11/3/2023 at 10:32 AM, Davevics25 said:

Are you able to book daily or do you have to book it for the whole trip

On 11/3/2023 at 1:58 PM, vacation44 said:

I have not read about anyone being able to buy a Vibe pass for just a day.   Have you done it or did you hear or read about it?

i asked about this, too. day passes were available for $99. YMMV depending on the ship and whether or not the vibe is sold out with guests who have bought passes for the duration of the cruise.

8 hours ago, macewank said:

100% of Vibe is available to book before sailing these days. If it doesn't sell out, you can book trip and/or day passes on board, but again, no guarantees they'll be available.

So the way it was last month isn't the way it is now? Just saying, two posts in a row, one with direct experience from last month and yours are completely opposite. Were you on a cruise last month like "UKstages" was? Where are you getting your information from? 

Edited by nudistcruzer

11 hours ago, nudistcruzer said:

So the way it was last month isn't the way it is now? Just saying, two posts in a row, one with direct experience from last month and yours are completely opposite. Were you on a cruise last month like "UKstages" was? Where are you getting your information from? 

UK Cruiser posted that he was able to buy passes on board for the Joy, warm weather cruise at embarkation.  Joy still has the smaller Vibe as it will become the expanded Vibe like Encore after the spring 2024 dry dock.  So the ability to purchase Vibe at embarkation is strikingly different than many other reports that Vibe is sold out upon embarkation on many ships.  For example, Vibe for a  February Escape cruise and Prima March cruises are sold out in Vibe (at least according to the groups I belong to).   Many posts on Facebook of cruisers asking if Vibe is available because the app reads “too early to book” which is simply translated to “sold out”.   Some passengers cancel because they change plans, or even cancel if they upgrade to Haven.   When that happens, NCL releases those passes for sale; I guess that allows others to purchase onboard if there are still passes available.  I have purchased passes online three times now, and previously ran for passes five times.  Those mad dashes for Vibe usually saw Vibe sold out within an hour of embarkation.  UK Cruiser is a great source of info and his information is sound; but I have to believe that the ability to purchase on board as he reported is less the norm these days.  

1 hour ago, Jim The Lizard said:

Joy still has the smaller Vibe...

the joy's current vibe is pretty darn big and encompasses two sides of the ship and has two hot tubs.  while it is rumored that the joy vibe will be expanded in dry dock (by taking over the laser tag space), two of the three vibe bartenders currently onboard said that the laser tag space would actually become an expanded sun deck for regular (non-vibe) guests. so... who knows?

the relevant point here, however, is that the joy vibe - in its present form - is quite large, so if we're trying to draw a correlation between size of vibe and the propensity to hold back passes for day of embarkation, the joy's vibe would certainly qualify as a larger vibe "eligible" to do that.

but whether that's the way it actually works is strictly conjecture. personally, i don't think there are some vibe beach clubs that don't hold back passes and others that do. i think it's far more likely that they all hold back passes for sale on the day, but that the number of passes they hold back is in direct proportion to the size of the vibe. one vibe might hold back fifty passes... another might hold back fifteen.

it seems to me, to be fair (not that NCL is always fair), if they are not going to allow OBC to be used for advance booking, then they have to hold back some passes for sale on the day of embarkation... otherwise folks using OBC don't have a shot at getting passes at all. nor do people with close-in cruise bookings.

some people seem to think the relatively recent switch to making vibe passes bookable in advance online means that they are only bookable online... and NCL never said that. nor did they say that all the passes for a particular journey or a particular ship would be made available exclusively online. to me, it's no different than restaurant reservations... cagney's is often shown as "sold out" online. but if you board at 11:30 or 12:30 on embarkation day, you'll usually have no problem booking cagney's or any other restaurant. so, too, the vibe... based on my recent experience on the joy.

it's true that a number of passes may become available when people cancel their cruise or get upgraded to the haven... or die, but i think those would be incremental to the number i believe they are holding back for sale on the day and which i was told they hold back for sale on the day.

Edited by UKstages
  • Like 1