Help I need to surprise my sister

divinmule

Hey guys

I was hoping I could get some help. My sister is getting remarried (YEAH!):D and then sailing off with the hubby and 2 young kids on a Disney cruise. The ceremony is going to be just the four of them so I won't get to see her before they leave. :(

I wanted to send them something nice or put some money on their "sign and sail card" (think I got that right I haven't been on my cruise yet so these terms are all new to me.)However, I went to the Disney site and couldn't find quite what I wanted...same with Well Wishers.

Then I figured I would just put some money on their card but I didn't see that on the Disney site either.

I was hoping maybe someone more experienced with all this could offer some suggestions.

I know I should post this with the Disney threads but since I gave her the CC site info I think she's been lurking over there and I hate to spoil the surprise.

Thanks for the info!!!!

Lari

Lari, you're a good sister! What I would do is call Disney guest services and tell them you want to put $$ on their shipboard account. They can easily do that over the phone. Make sure they will have a card from you in the cabin when they arrive.

What a nice surprise! (I really think this is better than sending a gift - that way they can get something nice from one of the shops to keep as a memento from you from their honeymoon cruise.):)

I agree with Cotton

but I would also post this on the Disney Forum rather than the Carnival Forum

Having sailed Disney twice I suggest calling them,

they would be more than happy to help you out.

good luck

Two of my good freinds got remarried (to eachother!!) last July and a couple of us put money on their "sign and sail" accounts for the honeymoon they took aboard the Sensation. I would suggest that you call the cruiseline directly and go from there.

We got their cabin decorated, a "honeymoon"package which included a memory box, photo frames etc and also shipboard credit. They really appreciated it!!

What about a bouquet of disney dollars? they can apply these to thier sail and sign card and they are so adorable. They come in 1,5,and 10's they change them every year so they are very collectable. They may even choose to save some to remember thier cruise. Just a thought....

Lari,

Since you can't post your question here, you may want to go to the "disboards" site and ask on their cruise forum (someone from there actually turned me on to this site,cruisecritic, for which I'll be forever greatful). I agree with some of the previous posters, call disney cruiselines directly and ask them. They also have some other gift basket places that'll deliver a specially made basket for them to the ship to have in their room, you could always put in a bottle of bubbly or whatever. I believe that Disney cruiselines also has some gift baskets/honeymoon type packages that you can preorder directly from them. You could also pre-order a spa treatment for them (couple massage on their island, or the one where couples slather mud treatments all over each other in a private tile room, and then can shower it off in a variety of showers that are all in the private room-it was nice). Call disney cruises directly, they'll set you up.

Let us know what you do!

Laura

Archived