MDR Configuration Question

Maplemoose

Looking at online videos of the Summit I can see that the MDR is over 2 levels on the 4th and 5th decks. Is there a reception area on both levels? The reason I ask is that there appears to be private tables for 2 only on the interior of the  upper level. The ones on the 4th deck appear to be 6 inches from other 2-tops next to windows. . So I am wondering what is the best way to snag the inside private tables on deck 5. At the moment I am thinking of going to the MDR after embarking and enquiring. However it would be good to have a clue in advance. Another thing is we are used to eating when the MDR opens on other ships. It is usually not that crowded but since Summit only has one non-buffet comp dining room, can I presume that it will always be crowded? Oh, we have Anytime Dining and have been able to make a couple of early reservations. 

In my experience on the Summit (2 cruises since restart, one with early fixed-time dining and one with my time dining), the 5th deck section of the dining room is for fixed time diners, and deck 4 is for my time diners. So if you want a deck 5 2-top, make sure you are set up for either early or late dining and not my time dining. 

• Thanks 1

And if you have select dining but you are there the minute it opens, you should be able to walk right in.

But I will tell you that any diagrams that you have seen showing the positions of tables in the dining rooms are always subject to change because the tables are moveable — not permanently fixed in place.

• Thanks 1