Grandeur Review March 6th

cpa2be

Thank you for the great review of the Grandeur. We are sailing on the 29th of April and I am a little apprehensive since the last 3 cruises have been on the Voyager class ships and now we are going back to the smaller ship. I hope that I am not disappointed, but then again, I'll be on a ship on the water in the warm sun shine drinking a large rum drink and not shoveling a foot of snow.

I'm also looking for good excursions in Cozumel? We have been there numerous times, but since the hurricane I'm wondering if there are still good tours. Our favorite in the Fury Catamaran and I'm hoping that it is still an option.

Tripledouble: We too were a bit nervous about cruising on a smaller ship. the last 4 of ours have been on Voyager class ships and we enjoy all of the amenities on them.

You will enjoy the Grandeur - just don't expect it to be the same. In fact, since we know the ship layout so well on the Voyager it was comical to us that we got ourselves completely turned around every day on the Grandeur. We were on the wrong deck, wrong end of the ship, etc. We laughed about it a lot.

We really missed the Cafe Promenade. BUT... you can get free regular coffee, cookies and desserts at Cafe Lattetudes on deck 6. I'm not sure they advertise that fact. I think they push the coffee drinks for purchase.

The Solarium Cafe has free pizza (also burgers, dogs & fries) so you can find most of the yummies you would be accustomed to.

It was a nice cruise - enjoy yours!:)

cpa2be - Thank you for the information. We are looking forward to it also. I think I will miss the promenade and all the activities surrounding it, but I am looking forward to less passengers. I think the service is more personalized on the smaller ships. We have sailed on the Splendour in the past, so I am assuming the layout is similar. (I also booked our room near the elevator so its easier to find)

Hey guys! Thanks for the review. I'm sad to hear the dissapointment of the Windjammer, I always thought it was a great place to hang out to have a quick bite inbetween meals.

I leave to go on the Grandeur in two days. It departs March 20. Is there any last minuite tips pertaining to the ship you could give me? Thanks a lot!

spoiledseg: I would recommend going to all of the shows. The production shoes, the comedian, karaoke, quest, etc. Don't miss the music in the South Pacific Lounge and the Schooner Bar. There really is great live music on the ship.

Since we had an inside cabin, we would go to deck 5 and sit on on the deck chairs. We called it our 'private balcony'. There was never many people there and most of the time we had the antire deck to ourselves.

Since the ship does not have the interactive RCTV, we checked with the Pursuers desk partway through the cruise as to our shipboard account. They will print this out for you. I like to compare the charges to be sure there are no suprises. We did this again on the last evening to be sure everything was accurate. It was. But I would not want to stand in a long line on the last morning to try and settle a dispute.

Incidentally, we ordered 2 pina coladas around the pool. They brought us the cheap plastic souvenir glasses which we did not want. The bar service person said they were out of regular glassware so they prepared them in the souvenir glasses. He offered to adjust our bill which we thought was very accomodating. Well it turns out we were charged for both the regular and the souvenir glasses. Eek! We were charged for 4 drinks, not 2! We told the pursers desk about the error. They had to take it up with the head bar person, and it was credited the following day.

So my advice is keep an eye on your charges and have a great cruise!!

I still liked the Grandeur very much even after being on the Mariner for a b2b last Oct......

Now I did come home from the March 6th cruise also..but did ended up sick on Sunday and didn't realize how bad I was until today I started feel good and thought wow I was not feeling good....it just come and go...

low fever and sooooooooooooooo tired, headaches...and the runs......

lol

I was just glad that I had Monday and Tuesday off when I got back.

I will say I was disappointed with our suite attendent...because she had never done them but ours was sick that should of been a flag when she interduced herself on that Monday and said ours was sick and she would take over for this time....we just never really saw her very much...now if we did see her and have a request she did it promptly....

The food I thought was great...

I also agree they need to just add the santizers all the time I think...

Archived