Rotating Dining Options Pacific Encounter

I recently read a review of Encounter where the poster mentioned that dining bookings are rotated between the free dining options (Waterfront, Angelos and Dragon Lady). The poster also mentioned that you don't get to decline to rotate. Can any recent passengers confirm this? Seems a bit strange that you can't state a preference. Whilst we're not overly fussy, we do have a preference to dine at the Waterfront most nights.

Just off the explorer 2 weeks ago and you can go to any of the 3 restaurants in any order you want.

You just book them when you board for the first 3 nights then after the first night you can start to book for the rest of the cruise in any order you want. 

If you do not want to go to any because you want to try another then you can.

The menu changes every three nights so on our 14 day cruise we tried each 3 restaurants 3 times and went back to dragon lady 2 more times as that is our favorite.

If the poster means that you cant go to dragon lady each night for the first 3 nights then that is correct.

So if you want to try all 3 on the first 3 nights then you just to book each one.

After that just go to any you want to in any order you want.

If you want to go to the waterfront every night you can I's mainly DL and Angelos that P&O are trying to limit on the first 3 nights.

Daz

Edited by dazadelaide
spelling

Thanks, Daz. I knew I could depend on you!😄 We fully intend to try all three (as well as Luke's) just we didn't want to be 'locked in' so to speak.

Hope you had a great time on Explorer. We're super excited and can't wait to get on Encounter having not cruised since late 2019. Been suffering withdrawal symptoms all through the covid shut down. Have had this cruise booked for 18 long months!

Yes it was good to get back to cruising after 3 years.

Our next is on the Pacific adventure on may 30.

Then our next booked is Virgin Voyages in Oct this year

But there may be more in between yet we have to make up for those 3 years!

Enjoy your cruise.

Daz

Thanks, Daz!!! Hope you enjoy your adventure on Adventure!! Not long before you'll be taking to the high seas again.

We're trying to make up for lost time, but getting time off work restricts us to a certain extent. However we're looking very closely at New Zealand next year.

I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts on Virgin after your October trip.

Thanks again for your help with our queries. Much appreciated.

Cheers

Cee

• 4 weeks later...

Last two cruises on Encounter, Nov 2022 and Jan 2023, Waterfront was abysmal.  Very poor service, long wait to get seated and get food, drink order wrong.  However being optimistic I am hoping some staff training has been undertaken and next week’s cruise to Fiji it will all be good.  No matter, better than cooking at home and I am on a cruise so should be fine.

Had no problems at waterfront on our recent explorer cruise in March.

Food was good had no problems with service or wait times.

In fact it was so good we ate there most nights and almost every day for breakfast.

Daz