Live Explorer Update Wanted!!

Anyone Have Any Updates On The Explorer Virus Outbreak? Is it still a problem? Would Love To Hear.We are leaving on her 3/26.

Just read this on another board. Hope they clear it up for our cruise.

Hi,

My entire family but me Crying or Very sad are on the explorer this week. My nephew gets married at St. Thomas on THursday. I just got an email from my sister. My parents have both come down with Norovirus. My mom was extremely ill. They were both quarantined for 24 hours. My sister is feeling not so good tonight but is hoping it's just nerves as she really wants to go to the wedding. She says that many are sick but the ship is keeping it very quiet.

They realize that it is nobodys fault but it still stinks as they spend quite a bit of money to go and end up sick. Such is life.

I think it's interesting because it hasn't hit the news that it continues.

Just read this on another board. Hope they clear it up for our cruise.

Hi,

My entire family but me Crying or Very sad are on the explorer this week. My nephew gets married at St. Thomas on THursday. I just got an email from my sister. My parents have both come down with Norovirus. My mom was extremely ill. They were both quarantined for 24 hours. My sister is feeling not so good tonight but is hoping it's just nerves as she really wants to go to the wedding. She says that many are sick but the ship is keeping it very quiet.

They realize that it is nobodys fault but it still stinks as they spend quite a bit of money to go and end up sick. Such is life.

I think it's interesting because it hasn't hit the news that it continues.

Where is this original thread from? I'm not having any luck finding it.:confused:

We sailed on the EOS from Mar. 5-11. There was a large outbreak of noro that week. The next to last day there was a note sent to everyone from the capt. explaining that there were 235 reported cases of the virus onboard. There were probably many, many more unreported (our group had 2 that didn't report it). We almost weren't allowed to leave ship at Grand Cayman, we had one of the first tenders out and waited almost 2 hours to leave for our excursion. They called out many cabin #'s and told those people to go to another area, while we were waiting for clearance to leave. Our guess is that those cabins were infected with the virus and the only way the rest of us could go ashore was if those people stayed on ship. It really sucked for the ones who were quarantined with an infected person, they were treated as though they were infected. The note received pinned the blame on someone bring the virus onboard, we think it's doubtful 1 person was responsible. Anyway.... the way they handled getting out info to us REALLY sucked!!!!! As a foot note- MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR SEAPASS ACCOUNT DURING THE WEEK!!! We were charged a $272 charge for a hospital visit we never had. It took 3 days (and 3 separate trips to the pursers desk) to clear it from our account. If you need more info about this email me. jefflmyers@comcast.net

I was checking the other cruise boards to see if I could find anything about the explorer. This was on cruisemates.

I was beginning to wonder. There was nothing even close on this board.

Are you getting excited for 3/26?

We sailed on the EOS from Mar. 5-11. There was a large outbreak of noro that week. The next to last day there was a note sent to everyone from the capt. explaining that there were 235 reported cases of the virus onboard. There were probably many, many more unreported (our group had 2 that didn't report it). We almost weren't allowed to leave ship at Grand Cayman, we had one of the first tenders out and waited almost 2 hours to leave for our excursion. They called out many cabin #'s and told those people to go to another area, while we were waiting for clearance to leave. Our guess is that those cabins were infected with the virus and the only way the rest of us could go ashore was if those people stayed on ship. It really sucked for the ones who were quarantined with an infected person, they were treated as though they were infected. The note received pinned the blame on someone bring the virus onboard, we think it's doubtful 1 person was responsible. Anyway.... the way they handled getting out info to us REALLY sucked!!!!! As a foot note- MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR SEAPASS ACCOUNT DURING THE WEEK!!! We were charged a $272 charge for a hospital visit we never had. It took 3 days (and 3 separate trips to the pursers desk) to clear it from our account. If you need more info about this email me. jefflmyers@comcast.net

Noticed on another thread you said you sailed 2/26-3/5. Did you do a back to back cruise or was this a typo?

I believe you mean that you sailed from Feb 26 - Mar 5 because during the week of Mar 5 - 11 the Explorer was in the Eastern caribbean, not in Grand Cayman. I think people are trying to get an update from this past week, not the first week the virus broke out.

Just back from Explorer - March 5-12 Eastern Caribbean - no signs of Norwalk that I saw on this sailing. We had heard all about the problems on the Feb. 26 - March 5 sailing - it was the lead story on the news in Miami the morning of the 5th. We witnessed lots of cleaning and disinfecting, hand santizer stations all over the ship, etc. - but didn't hear about any sick people on our cruise (other than a few seasick people on our last sea day - all due to the crazy waves!)

Just back from Explorer - March 5-12 Eastern Caribbean - no signs of Norwalk that I saw on this sailing. We had heard all about the problems on the Feb. 26 - March 5 sailing - it was the lead story on the news in Miami the morning of the 5th. We witnessed lots of cleaning and disinfecting, hand santizer stations all over the ship, etc. - but didn't hear about any sick people on our cruise (other than a few seasick people on our last sea day - all due to the crazy waves!)

GLAD TO HEAR THEY WERE DISINFECTING THE SHIP. HOW WAS THE CRUISE ?

DID YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME? LOVE TO HEAR THE DETAILS.

We were on the Explorer also for the March 5 sailing. Our group numbered 30 and did have one guy who came down with it, he was quarinted for 24 hours and also his wife. Good thing he upgraded to a suite as a surprie for their 25th anniversary! She didn't come down with the virus but was sea sick the last couple days due the rough seas. He was telling us that when he was down at the medical facility, they told him there were right around 150 cases on our sailing. All I can say is use your head, don't put your hands round your face and mouth and wash them lots!! They also had hand sanitizers all over the place and made sure everyone used it when going into the dinning areas.

Archived