CocoCay - South Beach Day Beds?

Hi from chilly England

I'm doing a bit of holiday admin and looking at our CocoCay excursion in August (Adventure of the Seas w/c 12th).  Last year we booked a south beach day bed which was truly wonderful.  I was going to book the same this year but notice it's not available - I can only see breezy bay & chill island.  South beach only seems to have cabanas which are £1k which is wild for 3 of us - definitely not stretching to that for a bit of beach R&R.

Does anyone know if the day beds on south beach have gone ? and or whether breezy / chill island are just as good ? I assume chill island must be better in some way as it's a hundred quid more expensive.

Appreciate any guidance / suggestions.

Cat

I've noticed they arent listed on one of our upcoming cruises (but are on a couple other). I have wondered why they weren't there and listed as 'sold out' (I think they like putting that on there, understandably).

Maybe someone will have some actual insight.

38 minutes ago, blondcat said:

Hi from chilly England

I'm doing a bit of holiday admin and looking at our CocoCay excursion in August (Adventure of the Seas w/c 12th).  Last year we booked a south beach day bed which was truly wonderful.  I was going to book the same this year but notice it's not available - I can only see breezy bay & chill island.  South beach only seems to have cabanas which are £1k which is wild for 3 of us - definitely not stretching to that for a bit of beach R&R.

Does anyone know if the day beds on south beach have gone ? and or whether breezy / chill island are just as good ? I assume chill island must be better in some way as it's a hundred quid more expensive.

Appreciate any guidance / suggestions.

Cat

There may be some availability once on board.  Just go to the Shore Excursion desk as soon as you board.  I've stayed at the Breezy Bay at Chill Island and enjoyed it immensely.  Closer from the tram drop off, the water park and very close to Snack Shack.  As a matter of fact, I reserved 2 beds for our upcoming Oasis August sail.

We just got back from sailing on Oasis and stopped in Coco Cay while we did not rent anything my husband and I both agree we will go straight to South Beach.  There is a floating bar, round tables in water and plenty of chairs.  Looked really nice.

I have tried asking this question in several areas and there's no telling why South Beach beds are available sometimes, and not others.  South beach beds are unavailable for our upcoming November cruise, but are available for our June 2024 cruise.

We like Breezy Bay actually better than Chill island.  I think the price difference is for a few reasons...

Chill Island is right by the ship, and the beach looks a bit more family friendly.  It's a very crowded stretch of beach though with a lot of kids, and from what everyone has said, it was the original beach from before coco cay was redone.

Breezy Bay is further away, but not by much.  And they are also close to the over water cabanas, so some of them have cabanas in the view instead of the ocean.  We liked this section better though because it's a little quieter, has a GREAT beach,  and is RIGHT by the pool.  So if you spend a lot of time in the pool its extremely convenient. There's also a snack bar right there. The Breezy Bay beds are also only two deep so you get a better view of the ocean without somoene being right in front of you. while the chill island beds are 3 deep so you can get a bed further back.  I would still choose the breezy bay beds even if the price was the same.

Edited by jetta8300

thanks everyone - this is really helpful - at least in concluding we all aren't really sure! on my excursion list it's not even listed.  I seem to recall getting an email before boarding last year asking for our arrival time and any questions etc so will ask then and report back when I find out - I perhaps wonder if they try and sell the cabanas first?! either way I think we'll end up on south beach - I'm more than happy with a towel on the sand - that will do us just fine if the fancy bed isn't an option 😄

23 hours ago, jetta8300 said:

I have tried asking this question in several areas and there's no telling why South Beach beds are available sometimes, and not others.  South beach beds are unavailable for our upcoming November cruise, but are available for our June 2024 cruise.

We like Breezy Bay actually better than Chill island.  I think the price difference is for a few reasons...

Chill Island is right by the ship, and the beach looks a bit more family friendly.  It's a very crowded stretch of beach though with a lot of kids, and from what everyone has said, it was the original beach from before coco cay was redone.

Breezy Bay is further away, but not by much.  And they are also close to the over water cabanas, so some of them have cabanas in the view instead of the ocean.  We liked this section better though because it's a little quieter, has a GREAT beach,  and is RIGHT by the pool.  So if you spend a lot of time in the pool its extremely convenient. There's also a snack bar right there. The Breezy Bay beds are also only two deep so you get a better view of the ocean without somoene being right in front of you. while the chill island beds are 3 deep so you can get a bed further back.  I would still choose the breezy bay beds even if the price was the same.

This is super helpful thank you and makes perfect sense re the proximity etc. So weird they're listed on some cruises and not others.  I wonder if other ships are in port and are instead offered to those customers.  Either way I'm sure we'll have an amazing time 🙂

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, blondcat said:

either way I think we'll end up on south beach - I'm more than happy with a towel on the sand

There are tons of free lounge chairs and umbrellas at South Beach.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by mets07

3 hours ago, carlosalonsor said:

It's weird, because they are there (about 20). I've just been on one last month and totally recommend them. 

Are there two rows of beds at South Beach or is there one long row?

On 4/11/2023 at 3:01 AM, wezie said:

Where do you get lunch if you get the daybeds on Breezy Bay?

last time if I recall I sent my boyfriend on the 5 min walk down the beach to the little burger bar place - it wasn't too far at all - near where you check in for the day beds.