Outside in Early June?

seabourn_noob

We are taking our first Seabourn cruise on the May 30th sailing from Reykjavik-Copenhagen.  If anyone has taken an Iceland-Northern Europe cruise in early June, are the outdoor spaces usable, or does wind and/or cold leave them uninhabitable?  Which pools are heated? Are the outdoor dining spaces usable?

(Our last cruise was a Danube River cruise on Crystal (so sad) in December 2019, which I pretty much expected to be an all-indoors affair (and I was right)  but  I'm hoping to get a bit more on-board fresh air on this one.)

11 minutes ago, seabourn_noob said:

We are taking our first Seabourn cruise on the May 30th sailing from Reykjavik-Copenhagen.  If anyone has taken an Iceland-Northern Europe cruise in early June, are the outdoor spaces usable, or does wind and/or cold leave them uninhabitable?  Which pools are heated? Are the outdoor dining spaces usable?

(Our last cruise was a Danube River cruise on Crystal (so sad) in December 2019, which I pretty much expected to be an all-indoors affair (and I was right)  but  I'm hoping to get a bit more on-board fresh air on this one.)

We have done those sailings numerous times. Yes there are usually heaters by some outside tables by the pool, and it should be heated. It really depends on the weather Gods. Yes you can be outside. Last summer we sat on our balcony at the front to the ship after dinner until midnight on a number of occasions. I swam numerous time.  There were also occasions when it so cold, rainy, snowy we didn't want to leave the cabin.

It will all be wonderful!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, highplanesdrifters said:

We have done those sailings numerous times. Yes there are usually heaters by some outside tables by the pool, and it should be heated. It really depends on the weather Gods. Yes you can be outside. Last summer we sat on our balcony at the front to the ship after dinner until midnight on a number of occasions. I swam numerous time.  There were also occasions when it so cold, rainy, snowy we didn't want to leave the cabin.

It will all be wonderful!

We will be on Ovation June 11th-25th Copenhagen to Copenhagen sailing up the coast of Norway and back.  Do you think the weather will be similar?  Some cold weather, some warm enough to be out on the deck enjoying a meal?  We are bringing rain jackets and layers.  Any chance of some warm weather too?  Have any of you done this itinerary in June?  

4 hours ago, SLSD said:

We will be on Ovation June 11th-25th Copenhagen to Copenhagen sailing up the coast of Norway and back.  Do you think the weather will be similar?  Some cold weather, some warm enough to be out on the deck enjoying a meal?  We are bringing rain jackets and layers.  Any chance of some warm weather too?  Have any of you done this itinerary in June?  

Great itinary. Yes it can be warm! 

We have been in Norway twice in June, also August and September. I've been hot, warm, perfect, cold, and freezing. In general,  Scandinavian Midsommer is lovely, especially in the southern coastal towns. Layer up though, fjords tend to be a tad cloudy and chilly. Tank, short sleeve, half zip, polar fleece or down puff, rain jacket, gloves and a hat.  North cape will most likely be cold, rainy, or snowy.   

Stavanger is similar to Bergen. Lots of history and many wonderful restaurants, sit outside and enjoy the midnight sun, your ship doesn't leave till 11pm. You are there the day after Midsommer and festivites should be lingering. Oh I wish I could transport myself there right now....but in summer.😃

Weather example: We did a little hike and zodiac tour near Trollfjord.  Quest was just experimenting with zodiacs.  They made us wear these monstrous insulated onesie dry suits. Michelin Man on steroids. It was 80 + degrees, awful and hilarious. We lugged them around with the top half dangling off,  sweat dripping. A few camping locals were swimming nearby.  We must have given them quite a laugh. Good times!

I hope this helps.

• Like 2