Flying out to Antigua.

GINGERWILDCAT

Looked everywhere to get answers but can’t find them so decided to post on here. Next February we’re flying from Manchester to Antigua for two weeks of cruising, who did P&O use this February just gone as flights? Approximately what time did they depart Manchester? I only ask as we can’t book taxis/trains/car parks etc till we have an approximate departure time. I ask as my brother and gf have booked the cruise with us but their flight (with whoever) is economy plus, what does economy plus entail over and above basic economy? Thanks in advance.

29 minutes ago, GINGERWILDCAT said:

Looked everywhere to get answers but can’t find them so decided to post on here. Next February we’re flying from Manchester to Antigua for two weeks of cruising, who did P&O use this February just gone as flights? Approximately what time did they depart Manchester? I only ask as we can’t book taxis/trains/car parks etc till we have an approximate departure time. I ask as my brother and gf have booked the cruise with us but their flight (with whoever) is economy plus, what does economy plus entail over and above basic economy? Thanks in advance.

The flights normally leave about 9.30am or thereabouts, which gets them to the Caribbean just at a good time to embark the newcomers and have the returning passengers at the airport, ready to board the same lane to come back.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, GINGERWILDCAT said:

I didn't fly from Manchester but all Antigua flights from London were from Heathrow on a Virgin charter as far as I know.

• Thanks 1

Hi.  We flew Manchester to Antigua and return earlier this year.  Virgin flights.  An Airbus 330 plane.   Should have left about 1100,then they said 1200. Eventually  took off about 1300.

Return flight left Antigua 1730 their time. Landed in Manchester just after 0500.

Hope this helps

• Thanks 2

We flew out from Manchester to Antigua on 11th March and it was a Virgin charter flight and on time.     Economy Plus just includes luggage, there are other options with Virgin, Premium Economy and First Class.  In Premium Economy you get 2x23kg luggage per passenger. 

Transfer from Antigua to ship took less than 30 minutes but without the welcome you get at Barbados no welcome drink or steel band. 

• Like 1

When we booked on board in January for next March, we were told it was Virgin this season (the one that has just finished).  In a recent communication with the accessibility team, the advisor said the carrier for 2024 from Manchester to Antigua hasn't been confirmed yet. Pound to a pinch it'll probably be Virgin; I do hope so.🤞

I didn't think Virgin separated economy into light, classic, and delight for charter flights; I thought it was a one size fits all for economy, with 23kg each, and then 2 x 23kg in premium.

GINGERWILDCAT, it should be okay booking your parking now as, unless someone knows better, it is my understanding that all providers charge you by the day now, not according to the time you arrive and leave. So, regardless of whether you selected your parking as 11:00 on departure day to 07:00 on return day, or 07:00 on departure day to 12:00 on return day, the price will be the same.

• Like 1