The Key on Liberty of the Seas

Hello,

Last year I was on a cruise on Royal Caribbean and very much enjoyed The Key.  I am going on a cruise this year to Bermuda where the ship is docked and not tendered... The amenity of most value to me was the ability to get off of the ship and to the tender without having to wait in long lines and also to leave the ship upon debarkation without waiting in long lines.  Since the ship will be docked and tendering is not an issue, is it worth it to get the Key onboard Liberty of the Seas?  I am just not sure of the value.  Has anyone done The Key on Liberty of the Seas?  What was your experience?

Thanks in Advance!

Only you can say if it's "worth it" to you.

For me, it's not a value unless it's right around the price for just internet.  I don't utilize the "VIP" time for the rock wall or the Flowrider, so that's not a value to me. 

The lunch in the MDR on boarding day is a nice alternative to the Windjammer, but it's not worth a hundred bucks (which is how much more The Key often costs than just Voom).  

If it's cheaper to get Voom and pay for lunch at Chops on boarding day, I'd do that.  If The Key is on sale for only $1-$2 more per day than Voom, I'll go ahead and get The Key.  It's definitely not worth the $20/day upcharge at the normal cost. 

• Like 1

I think it is going for $32.99 per day for both of us for The Key.  I just can't say it's worth it and for me, I want to disconnect so I may not even want the internet...  Thanks for the reply.  It puts it in great perspective.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

Only you can say if it's "worth it" to you.

For me, it's not a value unless it's right around the price for just internet.  I don't utilize the "VIP" time for the rock wall or the Flowrider, so that's not a value to me. 

The lunch in the MDR on boarding day is a nice alternative to the Windjammer, but it's not worth a hundred bucks (which is how much more The Key often costs than just Voom).  

If it's cheaper to get Voom and pay for lunch at Chops on boarding day, I'd do that.  If The Key is on sale for only $1-$2 more per day than Voom, I'll go ahead and get The Key.  It's definitely not worth the $20/day upcharge at the normal cost. 

Totally agree. The Key was recently available for $16.99/day/pp (40% off) on my cruise. When you deduct the lunch in MDR (which is supposed to be equivalent to a CHOPS lunch), it is cheaper than the standard internet.

Everything else is a bonus if you use it. The smaller ships do not have many items you can use the Key to reserve or get priority in line.

The Key becomes more useful on the larger ships but then they charge more 🙄.

I am in a suite and traveling with a friend who is not, so I got us both the Key.  On a 3 night it is $21 extra over Voom for each of us so I figured that was a pretty cheap way to board together (I wasn't going to leave him to go with the suite boarding) and have lunch together.  

• Like 1

I'm considering the key for the internet.  But it's $4.00 more a day than Voom.  Not sure any of the other perks are worth it since we have unlimited dining packaage.  We don't use flowrider or rock wall and we don't really care about getting off the ship first.  So, it may be a pass for us.  

The Key has been worth it to me for: 

• The Embarkation Lunch
  • Voom Internet
  • Reserved seating areas in shows where we have made advanced reservations
  • The Disembarkation Day breakfast in the MDR PLUS being able to walk off the ship when WE want. 
  • Like 1