Blue Lagoon excursion or Cabbage Beach???

sharod103

Cruising next year and trying to decide on whether we want to pay for the Blue Lagoon excursion, or take a trip over to Cabbage Beach.  We don't need any specific activities, just want to enjoy the sun, sand, and water.  Also, if you went to Cabbage Beach, how hard was it to get a taxi to get there, and how hard to find one to come back to the ship.

Please feel free to chime in and give your pros or cons on

either one.

Last time we were in Nassau we just walked to Junkanoo Beach.  It was fine, just looking for something a bit nicer.

27 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Cabbage beach is a short taxi ride, it’s gorgeous, no restrooms, but chair and umbrella rentals, vendors selling cigars, punch, and banana boat rides (that I remember).

Thank you for your reply. So no problems getting a taxi back to the port?

2 hours ago, sharod103 said:

Thank you for your reply. So no problems getting a taxi back to the port?

We were there with a day pass at RIU right next door so grabbed one out front, so if there aren’t any waiting at the public drop off you could probably get one there (I do recall seeing folks getting dropped off and signage for the beach so it’s close).

14 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

We were there with a day pass at RIU right next door so grabbed one out front, so if there aren’t any waiting at the public drop off you could probably get one there (I do recall seeing folks getting dropped off and signage for the beach so it’s close).

Thank you!

Do you remember how much the cab ride was from the port to RIU?  We are leaving on a cruise Sunday and have a day pass for RIU.  We plan to grab a cab right when we get off the ship but I'm trying to find out what the rate should be.

29 minutes ago, Sun Lover said:

Do you remember how much the cab ride was from the port to RIU?  We are leaving on a cruise Sunday and have a day pass for RIU.  We plan to grab a cab right when we get off the ship but I'm trying to find out what the rate should be.

It was around $5 pp (family of 7), it might be more if they don’t fill the van.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from a day pass at RIU which is on Cabbage Beach.  We really enjoyed it there.  The resort is gorgeous with a huge pool and also an infinity pool with a swim up bar.  The beach there was beautiful.  We booked it through Resort For a Day and it was $129/person and included all food and drinks. There was a DJ playing music at the pool.  We got a cab from the port for $25 and the resort called a cab for us to return for the same price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sun Lover said:

We just got back from a day pass at RIU which is on Cabbage Beach.  We really enjoyed it there.  The resort is gorgeous with a huge pool and also an infinity pool with a swim up bar.  The beach there was beautiful.  We booked it through Resort For a Day and it was $129/person and included all food and drinks. There was a DJ playing music at the pool.  We got a cab from the port for $25 and the resort called a cab for us to return for the same price.

This was my favorite day pass.

21 hours ago, moposh said:

I was thinking about Blue Lagoon.  There are a lot of negative reviews on Trip Advisor so I'm going to do something else.

20 hours ago, Sun Lover said:

Definitely checking this out!!!!   Great price that includes food AND drinks!!!