Live from the NCL Breakaway May 6-16, 2023 – Spring in Italy, Greece, Malta and France Roundtrip from Rome

1 hour ago, CCTES said:

How far is Pompeii from the dock, just wondering as my mom isn't going to be able to navigate the streets for a "tour" but I would really like to go see the area. The necklace is unbelievable! such artistry!

To my recollection Pompei was a half hour bus ride.  The pathways are very uneven and definitely not suitable for anyone with mobility challenges.  There are long lines for entry so good to prepurchase tickets or guide to ensure you get in, if you do go.  Also I saw very few markers with commentary, you really would benefit from a guide to explain what you are seeing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

For anyone on Breakaway from Rome: 

we booked a hotel upon disembarkation, so it includes a transfer.  Do you think we should leave it as is, or do you think a walk-off would be quicker(and we could take the train?)  I’m wondering if the transfer will take forever to get into Rome(we have tours booked thru other companies)  

Thanks! 

12 hours ago, Jetsetter2023 said:

For anyone on Breakaway from Rome: 

we booked a hotel upon disembarkation, so it includes a transfer.  Do you think we should leave it as is, or do you think a walk-off would be quicker(and we could take the train?)  I’m wondering if the transfer will take forever to get into Rome(we have tours booked thru other companies)  

Thanks! 

My mom and I had booked return transfers as well, but decided to cancel and find our own hotel and transportation. There is a good youtube video of getting from the cruise terminal to Rome (and back) on the train and it looked pretty straightforward, so that influenced our decision and the cost was much cheaper! I have no experience with either method of transportation but the transfer + Hotel option was more than we wanted to spend, I have heard about the rotating strikes at the train station, so maybe a hired car is a better option where you have other tours booked, might be cheaper than the transfer. As far as walk off, we always take the earliest disembarkation time, if you are only doing carry on, you can leave whenever you like.

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2023 at 10:31 AM, Happycrafter123 said:

@gatorchinsky I’ll look forward to any questions you come up with!  Do you have Mykonos on your itinerary or what is the main difference for yours?

in terms of entertainment for now I can say that burn the floor and six are each on two nights only.  Burn the floor is on day 2 and 4.  And Six is on days 7 and 8.   

We are on the Breakaway October 3 for 10 day Italy & Greek islands. Does anyone have any information on what days and/or times Burn & Six are offered?  Very difficult to make dinner reservations when no postings of show times. NCL says they post times 21 days out.  trying to make dinner reservations for 8 is nearly impossible. Thank-you. 

11 hours ago, scanr said:

We are on the Breakaway October 3 for 10 day Italy & Greek islands. Does anyone have any information on what days and/or times Burn & Six are offered?  Very difficult to make dinner reservations when no postings of show times. NCL says they post times 21 days out.  trying to make dinner reservations for 8 is nearly impossible. Thank-you. 

You can try to make adjustments once onboard the ship, if needed.  Perhaps review posted dailies from recent Breakaway posts.

• 2 weeks later...