HAL Tallinn, Estonia excursion question

luv2travel06

Have also asked this question on the Baltic Sea cruise board, where they suggested I ask the same question here.

The description of THE BEST OF TALLINN & EXCLUSIVE CONCERT excursion on Holland America includes:

"A special visit to the Holy Spirit Church is accompanied by a concert of medieval music."

If you have taken this excursion, is the "concert" a string quartet, an orchestra, an organ, a couple of flute players...?

Thanks in advance.

In 2015 we were in Tallin on a HAL cruise and were walking around the old city on our own.  We wondered into a church and there was a concert going on which we stayed for.  It was about 1/2 hour in length and when we left we saw everyone had their HAL ship tags on; I think the concert was arranged for a HAL shore excursion and we "crashed the party" since there was no sign saying it was a private concert.  I don't know if this is the same kind of concert HAL is currently offering.

The concert consisted of 3 ladies playing medieval instruments.  They were pretty good if you are interested in that kind of music.  Here is a photo.

image.png.5f753b60e9f1597cd986c15d7368b0a2.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just did a week in Tallinn during December. Just a private vacation - not cruise related. It's a compact city with Medieval core from Hanseatic times. They run free tours from the tourist office, one block from the main old town hall square. The young woman that led our tour was great. So you really can see it without paying for an official excursion. Of course one day can't  do it justice but that's  probably all you get on the cruise. If you ever get there in December, the Christmas market and live performances were pretty magical. It was well below freezing the whole time and snowed a lot. I'd  recommend the small compact Rick Steve's guide to Tallinn, Helsinki and St. Petersburg.  The latter is out but his city walk directions for the others are quite useful. 

Edited by Rikk007
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1