Chi Chi Charters Private Snorkel Tour

rjm11

We just got back from Cozumel, and did a private 4 hour charter with Chi Chi Charters that was fantastic. I haven't seen them mentioned on here, so I wanted to let others know about our experience. We took a short taxi ride from the Punta Langosta to the marina where they dock- the marina is south of all the ports, and of course Punta Lagnosta is the furthest north, but even still the taxi was only $13 for the 4 of us. The two guides (boat captain and snorkeling guide) were ready and waiting for us- we boarded the Marley Rose 36 foot catamaran and were off. We went to three different snorkeling spots, and then a sand bar with sting rays as the last stop. The snorkeling was great and the guide was fantastic- we went to a spot specifically known for turtles and quickly saw two- and then he took us to a spot where a nurse shark had been hanging out and sure enough there it was. At the sand bar they made fresh guacamole, pico de gallo, ceviche, and sashimi tuna while we swam. The included open bar was very well stocked. The price was really reasonable ($500) especially compared to the cruise ship excursions which are often about $100 per person for a really crowded experience. Back at the dock there were taxis waiting and the return to the ship was very easy. They have a smaller less expensive boat as well, but the larger catamaran was great- they can accommodate much larger parties, but only do private trips which is really nice. Let me know if you have questions!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...