Daily ship activity list for Oslo to Southampton?

Trying_It_All

Hello!

I’m going on my first cruise in July and am hoping someone may have a sample daily activity list for Marina Oslo to Southampton? I don’t know what to expect regarding port briefings, artist loft availability (is it drop in?), etc.  Trying not to get too caught up in pre-planning, but also want to manage my FOMO by having some ideas of what requires reservations and what is drop in. 

many thanks your help!

Artist loft is 1st come basis

Culinary classes ... book before you leave home

They have games & lectures around the ship   no reservations required

Specialty restaurants  book as soon as your  date opens for booking online

You can book spa appts ahead of time or wait until onboard

Check the CURRENTS  nightly  to see what is happening

Oceania is not known for their port talks  so make sure you do your research ahead of time

• Like 2

People vary rarely post the daily Currents...occasionally a snippet. The following topic is long, but it has most (all?) of the Currents from Riviera in January 2022 scattered throughout. Ignore the Covid-related info. Riviera is almost exactly the same as Marina and the general activities will be similar on most itineraries. While your trip will vary with itinerary, CD, etc., this should give you an idea of what to expect:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 6:41 AM, Trying_It_All said:

Hello!

I’m going on my first cruise in July and am hoping someone may have a sample daily activity list for Marina Oslo to Southampton? I don’t know what to expect regarding port briefings, artist loft availability (is it drop in?), etc.  Trying not to get too caught up in pre-planning, but also want to manage my FOMO by having some ideas of what requires reservations and what is drop in. 

many thanks your help!

You will love O .. I did my first cruise with them.
Dress code smart casual in the evening.

Some men wear tied and Jackets  some wear chinos and polo shirts. Last year I saw some in  jeans.

Woman some wear cocktail dresses somewhere pants and blouses 

Speciality restaurants require booking. I always find the early dinner times are usually open. 
We have been on Riviera x 2 and this will be our first on Marina. ( They are identical ships ) 

Toscana has not been my favorite .. We did not do the main dining room on the last trip but did the terrace cafe x1 in the evening. I do like the varied offerings since it’s a buffet never did LaReserve or Privee. Red ginger is Ok 

Jacques I loved  went there x 2,  Pollo was good 

We just booked Norway for July 2024.

So will definitely be interested in flights / pre cruise hotel transfers , excursions ( I usually book independent of O as the independent tour operators usually have smaller numbers of people) 

Culinary classes book up quickly especially if there are sea days.

Enjoy

• Like 1

Spent 2 weeks on Marina in December and 3 weeks in April. Go to the Artist's Loft on the 1st day to sign up. In December they had 2 artists. I did one pouring class. In April a Cuban artists had a series of drawing classes for the human body. One series for the head, one for the body. One sea days, they had line dance classes. Other activities were bingo, trivia, ping pong, miniature golf, lectures, and more.

• Like 1