Apertivo Hour at Extra Virgin? Count as a restaurant choice?

tbmrt

Just read that there is an Apertivo Hour at Extra Virgin bar.  5 or 5:30...I take it that this is not counted in the number of your restaurant choices during cruise?  

Sounds great.  Has anyone done this?

19 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Just read that there is an Apertivo Hour at Extra Virgin bar.  5 or 5:30...I take it that this is not counted in the number of your restaurant choices during cruise?  

I’ve never made it, but I think it’s just walk-in no need to book at all. It counts as an activity not as a dinner reservation though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tbmrt said:

We did this on Scarlet.  You just pay for the drinks you order (we had a couple Aperol Spritz) and are given a limited appetizer menu to order from (yummy meatballs!).  It does not count as a restaurant visit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jon81uk said:

I’ve never made it, but I think it’s just walk-in no need to book at all. It counts as an activity not as a dinner reservation though

it was walk-in, but since at least last fall it's been a ticketed (free) event.  i guess it got to be kind of a free for all with long waits/too many people.

they also used to have a slightly different app menu for that event, but now it's literally just the apps/charcuterie that are on the normal menu.  it's a great opportunity to try that food if you don't want to sit down for a full meal or are on a short trip.

we went once, sat down and saw that the menu was different than the one that we had seen that had slightly different items than the normal menu, and promptly got up and got back to enjoying our day outside haha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, super_grover said:

We went to this in February and thought that one of the activity staff was going to be there with an intro or ...something...? but it was exactly as others have said - apps and drinks if you want them. 

It used to be billed as hosted by the Foodie. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, super_grover said:

We went to this in February and thought that one of the activity staff was going to be there with an intro or ...something...? but it was exactly as others have said - apps and drinks if you want them. 

In October 2022, it was hosted by the Foodie.