Bingo on Arcadia

snaefell

Hello, my understanding is that the Bingo offer is the same now across the fleet.  In summary:

-- It's usually played once a day either every, or most, Sea Days, in a mid/late afternoon slot.  Occasionally, there is an evening slot.

-- There are five games, playing for a line (only) on the first two games, two lines (only) on the second two games and a full house only on the final game.  The games are made to last by the Entertainment teams - often over 30 minutes!

-- By memory, the prices are £20 for one book of six tickets, or £30 for doubling up I.e., two separate books of six tickets.  All have to be used for the session/date purchased.  You can buy three tickets (I think £12) or one ticket (I think £6). Dabbers are £2 or £3. 

-- In my view, the tickets are expensive and it's been worked out before that the payout rate is around a third of all receipts.  Gone up from £15, although not the prizes.  It's a bit easier to work out sales on the smaller ships as you can see who's playing.  Prizes go for around £20 to £100+ on the smaller ships.

-- There is, theoretically, a £5k jackpot available every day, although its very hard to win, something like 42 numbers, which stays the same.  This has replaced the "Snowball" feature, meaning that, unlike previously, no passenger gets to pay off their on board account due to luck on the bingo.  That said, a passenger can no longer let the pot build without playing and just come along on the last day and win it, which used to cause upset!  You still get one free go for buying books and there is sometimes a loyalty draw I.e., there was a raffle on Aurora for a model ship, signed by the Captain.

-- Its low tech all the way!

Hope this helps.

4 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Hello, my understanding is that the Bingo offer is the same now across the fleet.  In summary:

-- It's usually played once a day either every, or most, Sea Days, in a mid/late afternoon slot.  Occasionally, there is an evening slot.

-- There are five games, playing for a line (only) on the first two games, two lines (only) on the second two games and a full house only on the final game.  The games are made to last by the Entertainment teams - often over 30 minutes!

-- By memory, the prices are £20 for one book of six tickets, or £30 for doubling up I.e., two separate books of six tickets.  All have to be used for the session/date purchased.  You can buy three tickets (I think £12) or one ticket (I think £6). Dabbers are £2 or £3. 

-- In my view, the tickets are expensive and it's been worked out before that the payout rate is around a third of all receipts.  Gone up from £15, although not the prizes.  It's a bit easier to work out sales on the smaller ships as you can see who's playing.  Prizes go for around £20 to £100+ on the smaller ships.

-- There is, theoretically, a £5k jackpot available every day, although its very hard to win, something like 42 numbers, which stays the same.  This has replaced the "Snowball" feature, meaning that, unlike previously, no passenger gets to pay off their on board account due to luck on the bingo.  That said, a passenger can no longer let the pot build without playing and just come along on the last day and win it, which used to cause upset!  You still get one free go for buying books and there is sometimes a loyalty draw I.e., there was a raffle on Aurora for a model ship, signed by the Captain.

-- Its low tech all the way!

Hope this helps.

That is brilliant thanks,certainly not cheap but at least it is low tech,should keep my OH happy😁😁

where do they play it?