Aurora Cabins With Bath Question

janny444

I sometimes struggle getting in and out of baths.... do the outside cabins that have  a bath on Aurora also have a shower over the bath ?  Considering D deck 145/147 area. Would like to try a cabin with a bath but need to know that a shower is available if need be 

TIA

1 hour ago, janny444 said:

I sometimes struggle getting in and out of baths.... do the outside cabins that have  a bath on Aurora also have a shower over the bath ?  Considering D deck 145/147 area. Would like to try a cabin with a bath but need to know that a shower is available if need be 

TIA

If you go to the P&O deck plans, which are available on their website, or in the bigger brochures, there are symbols on each cabin, including ones which show if there is a bath, or just shower only.  The shower only ones are walk in showers, so just a shower tray at ground level.

If there is a bath there is always a shower as well, but it is over the bath, so you would still need to be able to step over the side of the bath to use it.  I think all the baths are short versions, so you could only sit in them, not the  longer ones which you would have at home and are long enough to allow you to lie in the water.

Edited by tring

12 minutes ago, tring said:

If you go to the P&O deck plans, which are available on their website, or in the bigger brochures, there are symbols on each cabin, including ones which show if there is a bath, or just shower only.  The shower only ones are walk in showers, so just a shower tray at ground level.

If there is a bath there is always a shower as well, but it is over the bath, so you would still need to be able to step over the side of the bath to use it.  I think all the baths are short versions, so you could only sit in them, not the  longer ones which you would have at home and are long enough to allow you to lie in the water.

Thank you for the information. I don't have a problem stepping over a bath it is the getting out of them from a seated position especially if there are no bath handles....showers over baths work fine for me.

From the symbols on the deck plans it looks to me that my chosen cabin numbers have a bath 🙂

• Like 1

One other point to bear in mind if booking deck D forward is that it is directly above the theatre. Not a problem if you, like us, go to the late show or are not early to bed people. We always book a cabin in this area of D deck as it is so handy for early morning Costa coffee from Raffels Bar!  

1 minute ago, janny444 said:

Thank you for the information. I don't have a problem stepping over a bath it is the getting out of them from a seated position especially if there are no bath handles....showers over baths work fine for me.

From the symbols on the deck plans it looks to me that my chosen cabin numbers have a bath 🙂

You also get a longer pull out washing line in cabins with a bath, so we try to book those if we can for longer cruises 🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

One other point to bear in mind if booking deck D forward is that it is directly above the theatre. Not a problem if you, like us, go to the late show or are not early to bed people. We always book a cabin in this area of D deck as it is so handy for early morning Costa coffee from Raffels Bar!  

Thankyou for that....I was hoping that cabin D147 would  not be quite as affected with it being further back....will take another look