Stirrup Cay Villa amenities?

JBullock89

Hi there!

We are currently sailing in the Escape and have booked a Lagoon Villa for Friday in Great Stirrup Cay. Those of you who have stayed in the villas previously, were there any amenities available such as fishing and snorkeling? My husband is very interested in doing both of these things, but I can’t seem to get a straight answer on board. 

Any input you may have (ocean vs lagoon, worth it vs not worth it) is welcome!

Edited by JBullock89
Grammar correction

The Lagoon Villa is a great place to relax and enjoy a more peaceful area of GSC, without the crowds and with less noise.

My husband loves to fish, and he loves to snorkel.  But he didn't even try to do either while we were enjoying our Villa.  However, trying to do either of those things requires one to leave the confines of Silver Cove. Yes, there is a "snorkel park" off the shore of the main beach (just after the tendering area). It's pleasant, but not "great"!

A fishing excursion "might" be offered, but I don't remember seeing any.

The ocean villas are closer to the snorkel trail, which is at the main beach.  The ocean villas are also closer to the restaurant, zip lines, and closer to more food trucks. 

The lagoon villas are at the end of the developed beach, and you must either walk a bit (or hitch a ride on the golf cart) to get back to the main snorkel trail.  I’m not sure if you can snorkel in the lagoon, but I don’t see why not.  You probably won’t see as many fish as you would out near the reef though.  

I agree that the snorkeling is poor in the lagoon area. I did not see any snorkeling equipment in the villa. They do give you lounge chairs with umbrellas, floating mats, waters, tea and coffee and a fruit bowl and chips and salsa. The drink package works there so if you have that then drinks are included. 

IMG_0581.thumb.jpeg.4bf84bd894f47a45259767804c0ffef7.jpeg

IMG_0580.thumb.jpeg.73bf748fb77797d006141a21d3bd09de.jpeg

IMG_0583.thumb.jpeg.8c0ff19dac054249f2b9bbbe0b184ac4.jpeg

IMG_0584.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser