3/4 Sun Review

rachhopper

:D Had a great time!! We could not have asked for the weather to be any better.......80's.

I am going to make this as simple as possible:

Embarkation: piece of cake

Food: great (dining room was good, Le Bistro was fantastic, Las Rambles was great, Outdoor cafe good....didn't eat in Garden cafe much, too busy)

Service: Staff was great and super friendly

Debarkation: Super easy

We got into Samana one hour late due to illness on board but they extended our time there. Getting off the boat was alittle nutty but IMO people need to remember they are trying to get 2500 people off the boat! We did the excursion over to Cayo and I could have stayed another day. The locals were very friendly and the beaches were beautiful. Definitely worth the $29/pp to get there.

Tortola was probably our favorite stop. Took a taxi to Cane Garden Bay. By far some of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen.

St. Thomas we did a day sail with Capt Pat of Ike Witt Charters and LOVE LOVE LOVED it! He was great and loads of fun!!

Great Stirup Cay was also great. Alittle more crowded obviously with fitting all passengers on there. NCL has done a great job setting it up. Lots of lounges, chairs, and umbrellas.

The thing I was impressed by the most was how clean the boat was. They have done a great job with that.

The musical entertainment on board left something to be desired....Harmony & Rhythm was more like Pain & Agony. The comedian was bust a gut laughing funny!!

Please ask any questions. I will try to answer them as best as I can.

Rachel

RCCL 10/00

RCCL 12/03

NCL 03/06

We were the only boat docked at DR that day so there were NO problems. I have heard that MSC rents the island for the day when they are in port. I think you can go to www.cruisecal.com and see if there are any other ships in port that day.

From what I could tell the only part of the island to actually go to is the beach and that is fairly small.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your review. I'm sailing on the Sun on 3/18 with essentially the same itinerary (the ports are just in reverse).

How were the temps on board the ship, particularly on deck during days at sea?

Did you happen to hear from anyone doing the rainforest excursion at Samana?

Thanks again. It's refreshing to hear such a positive review (and to learn more about the Samana/Cayo stop)!

Jen.

Thanks for giving us a reason to want the time to go by. It sounds like, from other reviews everyone really enjoyed the Sun last week. This is good to hear. I am anxious to cruise next month as it will our second on her; the first being almost exactly 4 years ago. NMnita

rachhopper,

Sounds like you had as much fun as we will have on that itinerary the first week in April. I probably already know the answer, but you did dock in Tortola and St. Thomas, correct?

Thanks for the great review!:D

Archived