2-bedroom Deluxe Family Suite questions

BCOS

We ended up with an upgrade via bid, from a club balcony to a 2-br Deluxe Family Suite. We're sailing on the Jewel.

The description for our new cabin on the NLC website says, "In addition to the living area, dining area, private balcony and luxury bath with separate shower. Plus they can connect to other staterooms so you can spread out yet stay together. Includes butler and concierge service."

The floorplan looks like both bathrooms have showers, and I don't see a bathtub. The "luxury bath with separate shower" gave me the impression that there was a tub. Was that a misinterpretation on my part?

Also, are there any additional amenities to having this room that aren't self-evident? I do understand that the perks we had with our original booking (wifi package, excursion credit, and 1 bag of laundry) move up with us.

And finally, are there 2-br family suites and deluxe family suites? Or are all of the 2-brs deluxe

We sailed on the Pearl (same class as the Jewel) in the 2br Family suite in 2016.  There used to be a tub, with a TV and a separate shower for the main bed room.  Since then I believe they have gotten rid of the bath tub and made it a big shower.  All the 2br's Deluxe Family Suites will be Fwd on deck 11, there is a Haven class of 2br's as well in the Haven of course with the designation of Villa.  Although a bid outdated in terms of the bathtub being gone here is my video our our suite.  The 2br suites no longer have a name like ours did. Also if you want to read my trip review, again a bit outdated, it's in my signature below.  

Hope it helps

• Like 1

we were on the jewel this past january, the main bedroom has a tub, and a separate stall shower, same with gem and star. we had i club balcony suite on the bliss in aug, and they had just a large stall shower

the 2nd bedroom (significantly smaller) has only a stall shower. quoting: a rose by any other name, 2 bedroom family suites are 2 bedroom family suites, regardless of what they are called.

that being said, however, some ncl ships have cabins designated as haven suites, and others called   suites.  the haven suites i believe are slightly bigger, and those particular vessels, while most of the perks are the same, if youre not in the "haven suite" you dont get access to the specially designated pool area, or the haven bar and dining room. fear not, however, breakfast and lunch for those in the suites still get to eat breakfast and lunch in moderno and cagney's respectively.

fyi, since the cabins are almost identical, the suites are a few $1,000 less than the aptly named haven suites, so if y ou book the haven you're essentially paying extra for the private pool, bar, and restaurant, with the ability to also  have dinner in the haven restaurant. while i love the haven, imho,  i would rather save the bucks and pass on the pool. Dinner, drinks, i can get anywhere else on the ship

Thanks! Sounds like the bathtub is a possibility, but not a certainty, huh?

We were also bidding on the 2-br Havens, and were in the lead at one point yesterday, but like you mentioned, complawyer, I wasn't convinced those things would be worth the extra. They very well might have, but in the end, I knew we'd be happy with either so I didn't let myself get sucked into a mysterious bidding war.

Are there any perks / amenities associated with the 2-br suites that we won't get since we didn't purchase our cabin the traditional way? 

ETA: Thanks for the video, jimsig!

Edited by BCOS

2 minutes ago, BCOS said:

Thanks! Sounds like the bathtub is a possibility, but not a certainty, huh?

We were also bidding on the 2-br Havens, and were in the lead at one point yesterday, but like you mentioned, complawyer, I wasn't convinced those things would be worth the extra. They very well might have, but in the end, I knew we'd be happy with either so I didn't let myself get sucked into a mysterious bidding war.

Are there any perks / amenities associated with the 2-br suites that we won't get since we didn't purchase our cabin the traditional way? 

Unless things have changed and I don't believe they have, you do not get the additional Latitude points for a suite when doing an upgrade.  

The bath tubs in the two bedroom suites on the Jewel were all removed during the last dry dock.  Prior to that, Frank Del Rio came on board, toured the staterooms, saw the bathtubs and said “get these out of here.”

There are no longer bathtubs in the suites in the Jewel.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, complawyer said:

fyi, since the cabins are almost identical, the suites are a few $1,000 less than the aptly named haven suites, so if y ou book the haven you're essentially paying extra for the private pool, bar, and restaurant, with the ability to also  have dinner in the haven restaurant. while i love the haven, imho,  i would rather save the bucks and pass on the pool. Dinner, drinks, i can get anywhere else on the ship

The Jewel Haven does not have a Haven restaurant or bar. So on that class of ship you are paying extra for the pool and coutyard....

but it does have a specifically designated area called the haven, and their cabins are higher in price. you've just reaffirmed my prior post. does any one want to pay the extra $$$$ for a pool and courtyard (both are relatively small), as the other perks are the same. there are a number of ncl ships where the cabins are designated haven that do not have the bar and restaurant. my point is you may as well book the cabins designated as "suites" and save your self the extra $$$

On 4/24/2023 at 4:46 PM, BCOS said:

The floorplan looks like both bathrooms have showers, and I don't see a bathtub. The "luxury bath with separate shower" gave me the impression that there was a tub. Was that a misinterpretation on my part?

Just off the Jewel Sunday the 24th. We were in 11518. No tub, but a wonderfully huge shower with 3 windows, a rain head, 2 body heads, and a wand. Descriptions say queen bed, but ours was a king and so so so comfy! 

The second bath was small but not tiny. The shower was a stall with a corner toilet. The bed had a hump when made out, not the most comfortable.

The balcony had 2 nice chairs, not loungers. 

The Butler was Felix and was acceptable, but had to be told each and every day that we wanted the same thing. He didn't ask when we wanted the birthday cake so had it the first day when we returned to the room after dinner. Tipped first day and last day... Likely too much for the service. He did want to please, but I don't want to tell you every day that I want the same thing.

The concierge was Teo and was wonderful! We got everything we asked for, even over and above. Tipped first day and last day and would feel I hadn't tipped enough but we didn't get expedited debarkation (no biggy)... Ran into a rude woman who screamed to get out of her way, she paid a lot to get off quickly. I told her I had as well, but we were no better than the rest of the people waiting to get off. She called me a liar, that I couldn't afford a suite. 🤣 Some ppl!!!

Food was not very good on this cruise. Azure host and servers were rude and disrespectful. Granddaughter went to sleep as entree was served and they charged my son and his wife $11 EACH to deliver the entree to the room!!! We were setting at a different table, or I would have grabbed them up and taken them myself! I should have called my Butler and told him to come get the entree's!!!

We finally found Daisy in the Palace MDR  and she gave wonderful suggestions, service, and would bring an alt... Just in case! She was an old style server, having our drinks already on the way once she saw us arrive and she also had the hostess save us a table each night, since we were a party of 8. She catered to the 2 children in our group bringing wildly over the top desserts! We tipped her extremely well and skipped our second specialty dining night, to dine with Daisy, as the first dinner in Cagney's was AWFUL. Shrimp was slimy, soup was brown gravy with lobster bits, steak cooked to perfection without any seasoning whatsoever. The 3rd guest in our room didn't have a dining package and it cost $108 for that meal. Totally not worth it!

Have a great trip and enjoy that room... It's awesome and I'm missing that shower and view already!!!