Carnival Venezia, May 27-June 6, 2024, NY to Eastern Caribbean

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm Kim and I'm exciting to be joining you.  I will be coming with my husband, my 3 adult children and a son in law.  We are having a nuclear family reunion.  We are from New Jersey so no flight for 5 of us.  The roll calls on Cruise critic aren't as active as they used to be but hopefully as the cruise nears, it will become more active.  Meanwhile, I belong to a few others.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all!  My husband Steve and I just booked this cruise. It will be our first time leaving from New York, so we are excited about that.  Now to find a hotel for the night before...

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all.  This is Susan & Gregg from Southern NJ.  By the time this cruise rolls around, it'll be my DH's 30th on Carnival and we'll redeem his milestone bonus, which is 25% OBC based on the cruise only (no taxes) of his portion of the fare. You earn this once you've sailed on Carnival 25 times and you can redeem it on any cruise afterwards starting with your 25th.  There are subsequent milestones at 50, 75 & 100. 

Looking forward to sailing on a ship that is unlike anything else in the fleet until it's sister ship debuts on the west coast. 

Prior to this sailing, we would have sailed on either the Mardi Gras or the Celebration for our last 9 Carnival cruises. So it'll be different sailing on a Vista Class ship equivalent again.  This will be my DH's 64th cruise and my 47th.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Hello all.  This is Susan & Gregg from Southern NJ.  By the time this cruise rolls around, it'll be my DH's 30th on Carnival and we'll redeem his milestone bonus, which is 25% OBC based on the cruise only (no taxes) of his portion of the fare. You earn this once you've sailed on Carnival 25 times and you can redeem it on any cruise afterwards starting with your 25th.  There are subsequent milestones at 50, 75 & 100. 

Looking forward to sailing on a ship that is unlike anything else in the fleet until it's sister ship debuts on the west coast. 

Prior to this sailing, we would have sailed on either the Mardi Gras or the Celebration for our last 9 Carnival cruises. So it'll be different sailing on a Vista Class ship equivalent again.  This will be my DH's 64th cruise and my 47th.

You are my heros! I thought my 40 cruises were a lot 😁

This will only be my 6th Carnival cruise so #25 is a ways off. I had never heard of this bonus. Something to strive for!

VW

1 hour ago, RainyDaysAndMondays said:

You are my heros! I thought my 40 cruises were a lot 😁

This will only be my 6th Carnival cruise so #25 is a ways off. I had never heard of this bonus. Something to strive for!

VW

Being retired enables you to cruise often.  40 cruises is a lot compared to many on Cruise Critic.  The 55 my DH has now is blown away by many on here, especially over on the Princess threads, which is our new cruise line of choice.  Between now and the Venezia cruise, we'll be on the Celebration for 28 days, the Celebrity Beyond for 18 days and the Wonder OTS for 14 days, a total of 8 cruises.

Not everyone is aware of the milestone bonus, so that's why I brought it up.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, 

DD (10 currently) picked this cruise for us!  With DH there will be three of us.  This will be our first time on Carnival, and we are looking forward to it!

PM

Edited by PammyMouse
typo
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have just booked this cruise solo--golf league starts in May so DH prefers to avoid cruising then (as well as football season...I have to work around home Husker games!!) I already pushed things a bit--our TA/UK cruise returns May 3, which means he MIGHT miss the 1st day of some leagues. 

We are both young (60&57) retired school librarians. Since I retired last year, have been cruising A LOT. Cruised monthly from July 22-May 23: a retirement celebration! 

Now with all this open time in our schedule, it is pretty tough not to book when a good deal comes up.

36 cruises under my belt in 20 years...but only one on Carnival! We took the Miracle 14 days RT to Hawaii--and LOVED it! Many said we would hate it after sailing nearly every other mainstream line. The bartenders said the key to a Carnival cruise is take the longer ones--so keeping with that on this one.

There is a CHANCE one of our YA kiddos could join me...but with job situations at their age, things are up in the air until much closer.

See ya'll there!

Edited by KKB

• 2 months later...

This is our 14th Carnival cruise, but the first time cruising out of the Manhatten port. Does anyone know what this port is like? We were thinking about driving this time, is it difficult to navigate? The parking seems a little expensive. Any tips would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, landshark78 said:

This is our 14th Carnival cruise, but the first time cruising out of the Manhatten port. Does anyone know what this port is like? We were thinking about driving this time, is it difficult to navigate? The parking seems a little expensive. Any tips would be appreciated.

I cruise out of NY most often.  Yes, it’s expensive but I just make the parking part of my budget.  There is nothing like walking off the ship, directly to my car.  I’m sure that there are cheaper places to park while others will chime in, I’m sure but this is my go to for a family of 6 and all of our luggage.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone, Mother (Kathryn) and I (Debbie) are booked on this cruise. First time out of NYC for us. We would like to get a hotel the day before the trip any suggestions where or parking? See everyone soon.  

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, JLvacation said:

~ 45 Days / A Few Hour's / & Minutes To Go ! 

Whos Already Started Packing ? LOL 😎

I’m still partially packed from my last cruise in January.  When I returned home, I washed my clothes and put the summer clothes back in the suitcase as I’m in NJ so I had no need for summer clothes for several months.  

8 hours ago, Luvmesomeme said:

I’m still partially packed from my last cruise in January.  When I returned home, I washed my clothes and put the summer clothes back in the suitcase as I’m in NJ so I had no need for summer clothes for several months.  

~ Nice ~ We had one back in Feb / Have A 10 Day in May then another one in June . So just like you . We wash what needs to be done . An leave the rest packed for the next one ! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JLvacation said:

~ Nice ~ We had one back in Feb / Have A 10 Day in May then another one in June . So just like you . We wash what needs to be done . An leave the rest packed for the next one ! 

Great MInds...We have another in September also but on a different line.

• Like 1

Hello, this is Marcus and Kathi and we are joining the cruise as well! First time leaving from New York and we are turning Platinum on this cruise. So, we are really excited! 

On 4/20/2024 at 3:38 PM, Katg412 said:

Hello, this is Marcus and Kathi and we are joining the cruise as well! First time leaving from New York and we are turning Platinum on this cruise. So, we are really excited! 

~ Welcome on board the Venezia ~ Marcus & Kathi ~ Been a few since We have gone out of NY ~ Usually We go further South / South West ` 🙂 ~ We are J L & Bree traveling with Family & Friends !