Newbie: Online check in process

Misty9388

I booked three cabins for my extended family. We will be traveling together and some are elderly and they don't use a computer.   During the online check in process what documents do I need for each family member? I would assume I would need to upload their passport, would I also need their driver license? Any other advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

35 minutes ago, sgttami said:

No DL needed.  Passport info and credit card info for sign and sail account, unless they are using cash.

Correct.  And the passport doesn’t need to be uploaded.  They just need the passport number, dates of issue and expiration, and the government entity that issued the passport.  Just enter that in the on-line check-in and you’re good to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Suggestion:  when the time comes that you can do online checkin, go into each booking and choose the desired time.  You can do that without completing the rest of the checkin.  Then go back and do your own checkin.  By the time you have finished that, you will know exactly what you will need from the others.  You don’t have to do that immediately.  You can put off finishing for a few days.  EM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Suggestion:  when the time comes that you can do online checkin, go into each booking and choose the desired time.  You can do that without completing the rest of the checkin.  Then go back and do your own checkin.  By the time you have finished that, you will know exactly what you will need from the others.  You don’t have to do that immediately.  You can put off finishing for a few days.  EM

Ditto the Above: Once you set the check in time for each BOOKING Number, sit back and relax for a few minutes. Over the next day or two, work the personal stuff with each person, either by phone or face to face. I've done it many times. 

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Ah, thank you! I've been stressing.

3 minutes ago, Misty9388 said:

Ah, thank you! I've been stressing.

Just an FYI because it wasn't mentioned.  They system will also ask you about your travel arrangements.  Arriving by car/air, etc.  If by air it will even ask you about your actual flights, etc.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

Correct.  And the passport doesn’t need to be uploaded.  They just need the passport number, dates of issue and expiration, and the government entity that issued the passport.  Just enter that in the on-line check-in and you’re good to go.

Exactly, I just take my Mom's Passport number and expiration when she travels with us and check her in when I check us in. If this is a separate booking though, you may need their login info. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, asalligo said:

Exactly, I just take my Mom's Passport number and expiration when she travels with us and check her in when I check us in. If this is a separate booking though, you may need their login info. 

You should be able to just use their booking #'s and add it to your account too.  I do this all the time when we cruise with our parents, and recently for 3 rooms when my brother and his girlfriend went too.

I had access to all 3 rooms and did all the check in myself for everyone.  I also booked our arrival time together (at the exact moment they opened up)... and then a few days later on a weekend, called each group and got all their info and entered it as I went.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, wemjam said:

I had access to all 3 rooms and did all the check in myself for everyone.  I also booked our arrival time together (at the exact moment they opened up)... and then a few days later on a weekend, called each group and got all their info and entered it as I went.  

I'll be checking in 3 (or 4 if I do my parents also) rooms.  Is there a way to book arrival times for more than 1 cabin at the same time, or did you do them one after the other?  What's the most efficient way of getting through them all to get all the times the same?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I'll be checking in 3 (or 4 if I do my parents also) rooms.  Is there a way to book arrival times for more than 1 cabin at the same time, or did you do them one after the other?  What's the most efficient way of getting through them all to get all the times the same?

I am racking my brain.. I know I had all 3 rooms linked together, and we all showed as travel companions.  I know I accessed and did all the check in work, but as far as the timing I can't remember for sure if it allowed me to do all our check ins at the same time? Or if I had to go into each one and do it individually.  I THINK I was able to do them all at the same time (like all 6 names came up and I checked them all or something), but I could be wrong.  It as been 6 months since the last "group" cruise and I am old lol!

I didn't have an issue either way getting us all the same time though, even if I had to do them individually.  I would have done them right away back to back if that was the case though.

• Thanks 1