LA Port

Does anyone know the name of the port in LA that RCCL docks at. Also would like to know how far from the nearest airport. Trying to research flights and transportation on our own rather than the cruise line. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Doing a repositioning cruise from Vancouver, through Alaska, to San Fran then LA in September. Thanks again. Everyone on these boards are always very informative and helpful.

I believe it is San Pedro. (I haven't cruised from LA yet....April will be my first departure from the west coast.)

We are flying into LAX and I have been told that depending on traffic it is about a 30 minute drive.

We fly out of Ontario airport to return home and it is farther away (about an hour).

Hope this helps.

San Pedro is the port.

The closest airport is Long Beach, which is closer than LAX, but with fewer flight options. However, Jet Blue does have regularly scheduled service from Long Beach if that works for you to Boston. :)

San Pedro is part of Los Angeles. Just like Hollywood is in the city of Los Angeles.

Also, try to fly into Long Beach. LAX has more options, but 1/2 hour to port without traffic. Possibility if their being no traffic is slim to none. Will take you a lot longer.

I just did this route yesterday. We flew Jet Blue from Syracuse to Long Beach (via JFK- now THAT"S a long day!). Took a cab from the Long Beach Airport to the World Cruise Twrminal, Pier 93, in San Pedro. Just tell them you want to go to the crusie terminal at San Pedro. Cost is $ 35.00, took about 15 minutes.

Same thing on the return trip- there is a taxi stand outside the luggage pickup at the terminal. Give them your name, tell them you want to go to the Long Beach Airport, and they operate on a first come-first served basis. We waited about 5 minutes for a cab.

Does anyone know the Berth Number for San Pedro that Monarch of the Seas sails from? We want to do the supershuttle things and they need to know the berth number. Is it the same all the time or is that going to be an issue also?

I flew into LAX and then took Super Shuttle to San Pedro to board the Monarch this last October. Nobody ever asked me the Berth number. In fact, I'm doing the same thing this month, and when I called for reservations, they said I didn't even need them, that all I had to do at LAX was just go out to the center island.

I think it's the same all the time, and they make this run dozens of times a week.

T

Does anyone know the name of the port in LA that RCCL docks at. Also would like to know how far from the nearest airport. Trying to research flights and transportation on our own rather than the cruise line. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Doing a repositioning cruise from Vancouver, through Alaska, to San Fran then LA in September. Thanks again. Everyone on these boards are always very informative and helpful.

Cecoady,

I'm also on that cruise. Please be sure to visit us on the Roll Call Board and don't forget to register for the Meet & Mingle. We need more bodies or we'll all miss out on the experience. :eek: (Can't miss a free party!!!) ~ Lorna

There are only 3 berths at the pier, so the ship will be very easy to spot even with 3 ships in port.

Driving from LAX is more like 40 minutes, because there's pretty much always traffic. If there's an accident, plan on an hour. Long Beach is about 20-25 minutes and the airport itself is a much nicer experience. None of the madness of a large airport.

I was more concerned with leaving the port than arriving. When leaving, do you really need a reservation or can you just jump on board a waiting van? If you need a reservation, then they do ask for the berth number, which I can't seem to find for Monarch.

I believe it is San Pedro. (I haven't cruised from LA yet....April will be my first departure from the west coast.)

We are flying into LAX and I have been told that depending on traffic it is about a 30 minute drive.

We fly out of Ontario airport to return home and it is farther away (about an hour).

Hope this helps.

Ontario Airport is about 50 miles from the Port of Los Angeles and, unless you are travelling at a very quiet time for traffic, you had better plan more than an hour to get there. Depending on the day, and the time of day, it could take more like 2 - 3 hours.

What day of the week and what time are you disembarking?

OK, I just looked back at your post, you will be back to the port on a Sunday, probably disembarking around 9-10 am. You may still hit a bit of traffic, living in So. Cal, we always plan a drive to be more than what you would estimate from mileage.

I flew into LAX and then took Super Shuttle to San Pedro to board the Monarch this last October. Nobody ever asked me the Berth number. In fact, I'm doing the same thing this month, and when I called for reservations, they said I didn't even need them, that all I had to do at LAX was just go out to the center island.

I think it's the same all the time, and they make this run dozens of times a week.

T

Berths 91, 92 and 93 a/b at the San Pedro doc. I found Super Shuttle hard to get acurate information easily but primetime shuttle the information was there easy to find. We took towncar from LAX for $77.05 (included tip) very personal service. Taxi back wa $45 plus tip which is a set rate to LAX, think $35 for Long Beach.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived